Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weekend Happenings

What a great weekend we had!

The kids and Brandy went to an arena football game with Brandy's family and friends. I stayed home with Jaden (don't feel sorry for me...I know it may sound strange, but I'd rather be home! Jaden and I had some great one on one time!). The kids had a BLAST!

They sat in the "Party Zone." It's right on the field, right next to the football players...and don't forget...there's food!

They played musical chairs during a break in the 4th quarter...out on the field. I can't believe Sierra and Tye went out in front of all those people (Shianne I can believe!). Not only that, but they announced them with their names and everything.


Sierra was bursting with excitement when she came home, cuz she won!! I asked her if she won anything? No, but she didn't care...she won! And then she went on and on telling me how proud she was of Tye for going out in front of all those people. I was proud of her for being proud of her brother!


Since Saturday they've been very excited about football. They bought little footballs with the teams name on them. Sierra's been sleeping with hers?!? So, needless to say, they were still in football mode on Mother's Day.

We decided to go to Sunday night church and start the day off slow. So Mom (aka: me!), got to sleep in, and then was presented with breakfast in bed. Made by the kids with help from Dad. So nice! Then we were off to spend the day relaxing.

We drove to a city about 50 miles away, got takeout from Famous Daves, and went to a park with small waterfalls. The day wasn't forecasted to be very nice, but it turned out quite wonderfully. First we ate, then...of course...threw around some footballs. Tye had to "dive" for every single pass. I just had to take a picture of the kids' knees. Oxi-clean, here I come!

There were tons of dogs at the park. Turns out, the Humane Society was having a fundraiser called "Strut your Mutt." We enjoyed looking at a lot of different dogs.

Then we walked on over to the waterfalls, played on the rocks, and took some Mom's Day pictures. It was a great day!

2 comments:

Steph said...

What a fun day! Happy Mother's Day!

Sara said...

After the 3rd try - I am finally able to get through to leave you a comment.
Looks like you had a great day! Love the park pictures. It was a nice day!