Dance Recital
We had the dance recital marathon Saturday. It went wonderfully. Sierra and Tye did such a great job! Actually, it wasn't as much of a marathon as other years have been. The recital is actually 3 performances--Friday eve, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday eve. The younger kids only have to be in 2. Other years with 2 of our kids involved they were scheduled in different ones so we ended up still going to all 3. This year, both Sierra and Tye were in the Saturday performances. Yeah! Although it's still a HUGE day. Each performance is about 4 hours long with only a 1/2 hr break in between. They don't perform that long, of course, but they have to be there and be ready for their turn(s). Tye was done 1/2 way through (the littlest ones have a curtain call at intermission) so Brandy took him home about 9:30 pm after telling Sierra what a great job she did. Sierra and I got home about 11 :40 pm. Needless to say, church came extra early Sunday morning! But it was fun. I think daycare helps me with patience. I was still super tired but usually my patience level is about zeroed out by Saturday night. This year I was doing pretty well. Sierra and I did stop for some much needed ice cream before the 20 minute ride home though! :)
Here are some cute pictures. I took some video at the rehearsal, I'll try to post it later.
Here's Tye and "my Hanah" as he said to his uncle later on that evening. Aren't they adorable?

And yes, Hanah is wearing makeup even though she's only 5. It's a stage thing. The lights really make you look pale otherwise. I thought Tye would have to wear makeup, too. He had a fit. Can't say that I blame him. With 2 older sisters I've been telling him since he was a toddler things like makeup and nail polish were for girls. Now I'm trying to tell him he's got to wear it for a recital he isn't even sure he wants to be in?!? Thankfully, we found out boys don't need to wear it for the recital. Whew.
Here's Daddy telling his girl what an awesome job she did before he took Tye home.


I was worried Tye wouldn't go on stage, but he did a great job and you could tell that he was even having fun. This last part of the dance year he was saying he was NOT taking dance next year. We thought it was probably because he was in a class of all girls (who adored him), but even though we told him of some other guys that dance he was pretty adamant. Until the rehearsal Wednesday night when he saw 4 boys in Sierra's class and some other boys, too. He had to see for himself. At this time he says he's going to be in dance forever and he loves dance! LOL Guess we'll see what fall brings.
It was fun to see how much Sierra has learned/gained/grown in dance over the past year. She's got talent!






3 comments:
Super Cute Pictures!
Sounds like fun!
The pictures of Tye and Hanah are precious! Sierra looks super cute too!
They look darling!!
Post a Comment