Saturday, August 30, 2008

Announcing...

It's a Girl!






And a Boy!






And a Girl!






We are happy to announce that we are in the process of adopting a sibling group from Africa! Their ages are approximately 6, 4 and 2. We are quite excited!


Let me give you a minute to do the math...








YES! We will be a family of NINE.


Let me give you a minute to catch your breath...







We are hoping the time frame will be sometime early spring. This country in Africa, hereby known on the blog as "E," is very concerned, and cares very much for it's children. So I will not be able to show any pictures or tell you their names, and I should not even mention the name of the country. I would love to show you a picture, if you'd like to ask for one via email, and I know who you are (smile), that would be fine. (I'll change my blog settings so that I get notified when there is a comment but it doesn't show on the blog until I approve it. Before I post it I will delete your email addy so no one else can see it.)
Once we know their American names (their African names will be their middle names), we'll share those with you. Never had to come up with 3 names at a time before! (smile)



God is Good! Amen!

14 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Congratulations! I was wondering if your big decision might be adopting again but I had no idea you'd be adding three! Wow! I'd love to see a picture but I don't want to put me email address here so if you get a chance let me know how to get that to you! Very exciting!

Miriam said...

Wow! Wonderful! Go God! Can't wait to meet them...and you know I'd love to get a personal email...
I'm still reeling a bit...
Love you!
Miriam

the Crists said...

WOW!!! Now that is surely a blessing!! God is sooo good. And you are terrific parents - I am sure that is why you are being so blessed!

Now, Mike and I feel outnumbered by the kids - but you all - I can't even imagine! Take your vitamins and gather your strength - and I don't think you have to worry about the exercise minutes - you'll work out just by running around after everyone!

Bless you all! Can't wait to see them!
Tina

Brenda said...

Wow! I just happened to read your blog the other day and now got on tonight cuz I was curious what your big decision was, plus you've been on my mind so I've been praying for you......and this it BIG!!!! Amazing! Love to hear the story of how God is working this all out!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. God is so good. I wondered if you were considering adoption again and was thrilled to read your great news.
God bless you!
Cheryl (Aunt Kuku)

Denise said...

I thought we had a lot of kids with 5, but wow, 7...just more blessings to receive I always say!

Congrats on this huge blessing. I can't wait to see all of this story unfold~

*and of course you need to e mail me pictures.

Sara said...

Wow! (Again!) So happy for you! We'll be praying you through! Of course I can't wait to see pics!

Jinglebritches said...

WOOOO HOOOO

You will have more kids than me!!! Pictures please! Are YOU breathing yet?? Prayers all around.

Love you to pieces

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Carey -- This is incredible news. God bless you and your family. I'm just ... speechless. This is so cool. Wow. Wow. Wow.
Sending our love and prayers!

janelle said...

I'm not surprised - not that I'm smarter than everyone else - I'm just not surprised; I've seen God working in your lives and the love you have for others has to be given away so it seems only natural to want to share by adopting more children who need a home. Who is it that says every family in the US should adopt at least one child? The Rainey's? No, that doesn't sound right - maybe it was the Chapman's. I don't know, but someone well known has said that.

At any rate - God bless you both - much to pray about again and of COURSE, you know I want to see pictures!

Love you,
Janelle

Steph said...

Congrats! Congrats!! and Congrats!!! This is so cool! You are an awesome mom and the kids will be blessed! Would love to see the pictures! May the days and weeks feel like minutes before they are safe in your arms!
Much love, Steph

Mom2Bs said...

Our God is an awesome God, and we praise Him for guiding and directing your family to these precious children! We will pray for your family as you continure your journey!!
I am so excited for you all!
Love, The other dance Mom!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We're just home with our twins from Ethiopia:) It's been an amazing adventure and it gets better every day. We're praying things move quickly and smoothly for you.

Melinda said...

I just found your blog from Kaetlyn's fund website. Congrats on your three newest blessings. We are currently adoptiong from E as well assuming it's the same E :) We are waiting for our court date to bring home our 9 year old daughter. She will make number 5 kids, and 2nd adoption from E. What agency are you with? You can email me at momtoo2girls@yahoo.com