Tuesday, September 02, 2008

DO OVER!!!

Remember when you were a little kid and you just started a game or something and you messed up big time?

Can I have a "do-over"?!?

I've done miserably my first week of the second round of my exercise and eating goals. Yuck.

Excuses abound. But that's all they are. Excuses.

My hubby is out of town tonight. I talked with him an hour or so ago and apologized for an earlier, quite "short" on my part, phone call. I said I was kinda' outta sorts.

He said (very sensitively) I'd been kinda "out of it" all day, what was up?

One main reason? Sugar. Lots of it.

See, when I have one of my "free days," I don't waste 'em. If I slip and enjoy a Root Beer float, for example, at the local Labor Day festivities, I can't let my "free day" go to waste. So I indulge. Greatly.

Today was another one. And there was another one a few days before that. And I'm behind 2 days in my exercise as well.

Sigh. I know better. In fact, now, during our "paper pregnancy," and dealing with the thoughts and preparations of having 7 kids, I need to be at my best.

I'm actually not as overwhelmed as I would think myself to be. I'm not a person that has much of a routine (although I do much better with a routine), but I'm trying to start being that way cuz I know I'm going to NEED to be more that way in the future. At least if we want any clean underwear. (smile)

But if I keep slipping in the health department, the road to overwhelmingness is just a few steps away.

So here I am, asking for a do-over, and granting myself one. The goals are now pushed back a week, and I challenge YOU to hold me accountable. I'd love to do the same for you, just let me know. Once again, here are the goals...starting tomorrow.







Also would like to take a moment to thank everyone for their OVERWHELMING support! You're prayers and encouragement as we embark on this amazing God-filled journey mean more than words can describe to us.

There have been only a handful people that haven't been supportive. Some cuz they think we're crazy (I've never been normal, what can I say? I've never wanted to be...or have been called to be). Some cuz they love us and don't want this path for us. Some cuz they just don't understand. We expected that. God didn't speak to them about this adoption...He spoke to us.

But we expected far more people to be discouraging about it. Realistically, how many people in America have 7 kids? I get why it's somewhat of a shock. Sometimes it's a shock to me, too.

But so many are standing beside us. So many are supportive. Truly God uses your support to wash me in His peace. Thank you so much.

People have been asking questions about this adoption journey and about how it all came about. But that's another post(s). I'll post on some of those things in the near future. And also on the still normal goings on of "One Family's Journey." Cuz life doesn't stop just cuz something big is going on! (smile!) God Bless!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Carey, I love what you wrote here: "There have been only a handful people that haven't been supportive. Some cuz they think we're crazy .... God didn't speak to them about this adoption...He spoke to us."

Amen, sister!

Our God is a crazy God anyway, you know? I mean here's a God who sends His son to Earth; drops Him down in a barn smelling of cow-dung; has Him hangin' in the temple with adults at age 13 (while His parents are frantically searching for Him); has Him pick a rag-tag group of fishermen to spread His message; has Him walking out of a tomb on Sunday morning.

I don't know what others might say, but I sure do love our wild and crazy God. Good for you for answering His call -- even when it might look a little crazy.

Love ya!