Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of Preschool


I can't believe my little man started Preschool today!! Tye, you're growing up so fast!

I'm thankful to be able to carpool with a couple other moms, but since it was his first day, I drove him. He was so excited! On Mondays and Wednesdays he goes in the afternoons, Fridays all day. I told him already at 7 am that it would be after lunch. So all morning, "when's lunch, Mom?"

We were about a 1/2 a mile from school (preschool is at Shianne and Sierra's school) when the nerves kicked in. I looked in the rear view mirror to see his finger up to his mouth, a sure sign of uneasiness. When I asked him what was up, he said he was a little bit scared.

By the time we were in the room, he was a whole lot scared, and shortly thereafter, crying. After trying and trying to reassure and console him, I finally had to leave him in the arms of the teacher's aide, his cry now many decibels higher. I knew (or really hoped) that if he could just get past the shock of Mom leaving, he'd be ok. I went through this before with Sierra.

The windows were open and I stood outside by the van, and shortly he stopped crying. Not before his sisters heard him from their classrooms, though! They were sad for him, too.

He came home on the bus saying he had a GREAT time and now keeps asking if tomorrow is Friday!

Love ya, buddy! Proud of you for making the most of it and enjoying your first day even though it was kinda scary.

2 comments:

Jinglebritches said...

Yeah Tye!!!! Have fun at school.

janelle said...

Sometimes I get scared and just want to cry too; at least kids uninihibited enough to do what just feels normal! Good job Tye - I'm sure he will grow up even faster now...