Thursday, September 11, 2008

Doing Much Better...Thank You Very Much!


Ahhh...tonight is a much better night than last night...or this morning for that matter.

Watch out, I feel like I have a book's worth of thoughts running around in my head wanting to be written down. You're warned. See if you can make it to the end! LOL

Ok, here's a rundown of last night and right away this a.m.:
  • After RUNNING around getting the kids to dance/gymnastics and church club, in the meantime having a short amount of time to get groceries (fun, fun), running back to pick up the kids...then I get to put groceries away and help Brandy with tails, shots and removing dew claws. I believe last night I described this as "uck."


  • Something I didn't go into last night was one of the pups, for some odd-unknown-never-happened-to-us-before reason, after getting his tail wacked off and doing fine, after we did everything we were supposed to and so did Mamma dog...while we were away from him he started bleeding and essentially bled to death. See why I was frustrated and "uck"? We tried to save the little guy to no avail. After my post last night I went out for our newest favorite game...stickpupsonthenipple...and he was gone. (sigh).


  • Brandy went out at 3 am and we lost another one.


  • I awoke with a start at 5:30 (needing to go out at 6) thinking that Brandy had slept through his 3 am shift (he hadn't) and went out only to have another one take his last breaths in my hands.


  • Come back in the house and walk towards my bedroom to an awful smell. What in the...? Thinking, boy, what did my hubby eat?!? (sorry, Babe!)


  • Remember to get back up and give Sierra her pills for her bladder (hour before any food, two hours after, this is easiest on school days).


  • Again fall back to bed thinking this is just a raunchy smell. Oof.


  • Get up, make sure kids are up and at 'em. Oh, yes, Shi needs jeans, they're in the dryer (laundry is right by our bedroom). Step in laundry room right into a puddle of diarrhea. Ugh. Thankfully I at least have socks on. Hence the lovely smell. Look into the room to find one of the dogs must have gotten into something bad...two puddles of poo, and 3 globs of vomit. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Tip toe around to get jeans.


  • Clean up laundry room. Almost vomit myself. Hubby, now up, stearing clear cuz he will vomit if he gets too close. And I don't need to clean up more.


  • Get the girls on the bus.


  • Plunk the boys in front of the TV (alas, the worst babysitter ever, I know) so I could mop the laundry floor in my jammies.


  • Brandy comes in....


  • From the floor I tell him I can NO LONGER breed boxers. Period. He acquiesced.


However, tonight we're all doing much much better. Six puppies still alive. Only 2 I'd say are really thriving, but all are doing more than just surviving. I'll pause here and show a picture.

Took two in the house this morning. Fed them. They got diarrhea (is this a theme here?!). Brandy went to the vet to get penicillin and oxytocin for Mamma dog cuz I didn't think her discharge looked right. Later on my wonderful MIL stopped by the vet for me to get doggie imodium for the puppies. Finding out the laundry room caper was caused by Shelby, for good measure she got some too.

On a side note, in mentioning lovely discharge, at least I'm not up to my elbows in it anymore. That's only a slight exaggeration of the first 48-36 hours of our new game. Yes, I've gone through a lot of antibacterial soap.

Oh, yeah, I said things are going better, didn't I!?! Sorry, I'm not sounding like it. But they are.

Blessings...

  • The SIX puppies are still alive! AND getting more active.


  • Mamma dog is doing better...her milk is coming in better. Yeah!


  • Brandy is left today to work a booth at a fair/farm show. He's been praying for me LOTS and God is GOOD! The puppies have gained ground and even though supper dishes are yes, still on the counter and the LR looks like a tornado went through it, I'm not nearly as overwhelmed. Almost not, in fact. Almost.


  • My 2 year old has THE best smile. And his run and jump into my arms is the bestest.


  • My 5 year old still likes to "rock-a-bye" before bed. Ahhh....


  • My 7 year old and I have this game (much better than the aforementioned game) that we play during tuck in time where she usually ends up in beautiful laughter, and I can't help but giggle myself. Love her smile. Beautiful.


  • My 10 year old managed to get a load of homework done tonight with not much complaining. Got to hear her pray for her new sisters and brother, which she does every night without fail. Ahhh...good for my soul.


See, things are good around here, even with my...uhm...dare I say...whining?

And I have NO right to whine anyway. I'm am blessed beyond belief. Tonight I looked at video of Haiti and I can't imagine. I'm down and upset because I'm watching puppies die. In the USA we just don't get it. In other countries they are watching people die. Dying from hunger. AIDS. And...even diarrhea. Here I can run to my vet to get some meds for my dogs. DOGS. Think about it. Here if you starve a dog you can get jail time. Other places you watch people starve. Friends. Family members. While the hunger eats away at you.

I can't imagine. Can you?

I'm going to go now cuz it's time to for me to play that game again. And I can go. So many can't. I can just end my post...you can stop reading...and we can go on with our lives while millions of people die.

This is maybe deeper than I've gotten in a while. But here in America we are blessed...to be a blessing. What does that mean?

2 comments:

janelle said...

Carey, thanks for "going deep"!! It puts things in perspective.

There is a song that you could "attach" to this post called "Changed" and maybe you know it becuase of how you ended your post. I'm attaching a portion of the lyrics so you can read them (I used this song at the end of my Action talk this summer).

We have been blessed – now we’re going to be a blessing
We have been loved – now we’re going to bring love
We’ve been invited – we’re going to share the invitation
We have been changed – to bring change, to bring change
We have been changed – to bring change, to bring change
Thank You for this new life, thank You for the invitation!
God, we want to live it loud enough to shake the nations " in Your name!
We have been saved – we’re going to shout about the Savior
We have been found – we’re going to turn over every stone
We’ve been empowered – to love the world to Heaven
We have been changed – to bring change, to bring change
We have been changed – to bring change, to bring change
We have been changed – to bring change, to bring change

jennifer said...

I just don't even know how you do it with those puppies! I had a hard enough time being up with my babies!!