BIG Bob
Brandy and I have been looking at a van online that was in Omaha. With the remainder of harvest looming Brandy working morning till night, my daycare schedule, and me having a meeting all day on Saturday, we decided last night to make a not-so-quick quick trip to Omaha.
We came home with this!!

It's a 2005 12 passenger Chevy Express. Can you believe it?!? What a ride! We still have the mini-van for now (I'll hang on to it while I can LOL!), but hope to sell it privately.
I haven't driven it yet. Being the small town girl that I am, I didn't want to have to drive this monster for the first time in Omaha. I told Brandy I'd take over on the interstate, but there was road construction and of course it was dark (didn't get home till midnight), so he said to try it out at home.
Following the red van home I had a revelation. This is the first time EVER we've bought a vehicle that I didn't have buyers remorse. For one thing, we paid for it, no loan. Yippee! And it's in really good shape, but obviously we didn't go overboard. It has over 70,000 miles and believe me when I say almost no extras. Not even cruise control! We got a good deal, so we're going to use some of the "extra" money to put cruise control in. That's a necessity, don't you think? (smile) No cd player or dvd player. Those will probably come eventually. No bug shield or mud flaps, those will come too. But it does have running boards! Oh, and Brandy is already making plans to send a picture to "his guy" to design some kind of pinstriping to break it up. The funny thing? The peace that comes with buying something we could afford is much better than all the bells and whistles.
Oh, why the Big Bob title? Cuz this morning when the kids saw it (and loved it, aside from no dvd), Shianne said we should name it Bob...after Bob the Tomato! Ha! It might stick.






7 comments:
I love Bob!! It is so cool to see things coming together for your family.
Any new news on the "3 in E" ?
Love you
Looks like you have a Girls Day Out Van too!! So many options! Looks great! Praying for the day you can fill it all up with all you children! Whoo!
Love the "Bob" name. I think it's perfect. Can't wait to see a picture of Bob holding all your children!
What a ride! That is so great! For this tight Dutchman it is so great that you didn't have to take a loan to get it! That would just absolutely thrill me! Looking forward to meeting all of your children who will fill the seats!
Love it! Maybe you and I can take "BigBob" and "Clifford the Big Red Truck" out together sometime! (That's what we've named Clint's truck).
Loving Bob!!! What fun it will be to see all the seats filled with children. We always laugh when we are cruising around Sioux Falls on a Friday night in the mini van singing old mcdonald had a farm .... oh how life changes ... but wouldn't change one ounce of it!
I love it... the name and especially the color. I can not wait to see the entire family in it!
Post a Comment