A Glimpse into the Glimpse
I’m writing this in Word at the moment cuz hubby is tearing out a wall downstairs to start the process of the new basement bedroom. Why tearing out to build? I’ll tell you some other time! But he needed to turn off the elec down there and that’s where our wireless internet is plugged in…so…I’ll wait! Just glad he’s getting something started. Yeah! We’re between soybean and corn harvest cuz corn harvest is late, so he has a few free nights.
Ok, on task here…
Yes, I ate my usual bowl of bran flakes for breakfast, along with a few mini-wheats as I was out of fruit (weird substitution I know), and that has been it.
I must confess…and this is hard I hope it wasn’t cheating…I had 3, yes three of my energy drinks. Not caffeinated, but lots of vitamins. Actually I think after one they really stop working cuz I just, uhmm…pee out the rest of the vitamins. But just having one in my hand made me feel better.
How am I doing? I’ve got a headache. And, oh yeah, I’m hungry.
I should probably tell you what I’ve learned tomorrow after I eat cuz I’ll probably make more sense. But here’s a stab at it.
One day makes me a joke of an expert, but hunger is WAY more than that icky or eventually painful feeling in your stomach. Its headaches. And weakness. And tiredness. And crabbiness. And lack of energy. And lack of wanting to accomplish anything.
It’s being short with your kids. It’s a fog in the brain, like you can’t think straight. And tiredness, did I mention that?
Seriously folks, I had breakfast. That was about 12 hours ago. I haven’t even gone 24 yet. Luckily I get to sleep through the rest of it. Honestly I should do this for a week or at least a few days but I'm not going to. I know I get to eat tomorrow and it will end. What if you don't know what tomorrow brings?
I still cannot even imagine. Thanks for joining me in prayer today. Keep it up cuz God hears. More tomorrow.






2 comments:
Carrie, Thanks for your post and your heart. It is so true we don't know what hard is or what hunger is. I did a 3 day cleanse thing a couple months ago and just drank lemon water for 3 days. I was amazed how much I learned about food. We so take food for granted and eat so often because we just feel like or because it's there and it's such a social thing. i had this knot it my stomach probably because I was hungry but also because I realized how much we abuse and take eating for granted. Your perspective is so eye opening. I knew if I couldn't handle it I could just open my fridge but what if I didn't know what tomorrow would bring? Thanks for sharing your heart!
Wow. It was good to hear of your day. Thank you for sharing. I thought of you often, and when I did, it reminded me to pray for those regularly without food. ... Love you, Carey! You're awesome!
Post a Comment