Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nesting, anyone?

Ok, the serious stuff is so so so important, and there are so many people in the world that live in it every day that I pretty much feel guilty veering away from it, but it's time for a fun post. Well, at least one not quite so serious.


I will say another thing I learned. Going to bed hungry, even after one day, is miserable. I felt sick. Nauseous, and my head pounded. I can't even fathom doing that every night or the horror of knowing my kids are going to bed hungry. I woke up at 6:30ish for my devotions and had my bran flakes. They were the best bran flakes I'd ever had! So sweet I savored every bite. It's the strangest thing...they came out of the same box as the bowl I'd had the morning before, and that bowl wasn't so good cuz I was missing my fruit. Today I didn't miss it at all. Weird.


Anyway. I've been a tad bit overwhelmed lately. There's nothing to combat that like a little getting down to business on what needs to be done...or what really doesn't need to be done. I can't really start painting the kids' rooms until the new room is built. Brandy is going to be doing most of that and...yeah...he's one busy dude. So that won't be for awhile.


So...today I got some paint for my living room. I know, I know, I need to paint 3 bedrooms, why add to it. Well, it hasn't been done in about 7 years and I'm tired of looking at it. Besides, if I wait till after the kids are home it could be another 7 years before I get to it (Hmmm...7 seems to be a theme here). Happen to not have daycare kids tomorrow so was gonna paint tomorrow and Saturday. Might just make it one of those days (only 2 walls, although one is a stairwell) CUZ our dossier should be COMPLETED next week! Woo Hoo! And I just found out the we can send photo albums along with it to our agency. Yeah! Except...I just started scrapbooking one for each of the kids. And if you know me and scrapbooking, although I really enjoy it, I'm reallllllly slooooooow at it. Ahem. Anyhoo...


Was looking online for how to decorate Jaden and Summer's room (think that's the route we're going to take, praying Jaden's ok with switching rooms). I'm thinking about getting 2 toddler beds. It's a small room (presently the "pink" room...Sierra's...just painted last year) but it should work well. I found this border and thought it would be cute for a boy/girl room. What do you think?

I just wish it came with little comforters and a curtain. I'm not the best at decorating. I like it when everything comes together, like a bed in a bag. I'm hoping to find some little afghans or something that kinda match. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate any help I can get!
Here's my idea on the growth chart. I'm going to put one in their room and I'm going to send one to their care center in E. I've been told we will only get their weights, and that's it. Hoping maybe this would encourage at least a picture by the growth chart so I have a better idea before they come home for sizes and such. Will see what our agency says. But I thought it would be fun for Summer to have one at the care center and then one in her room.

This square is wallpaper, but I'm considering doing something a little like it with paint on one of the walls. I do not like taking down wallpaper. Although I'm hoping I'm not taking off more than I can chew with the paint.
So maybe I've started nesting...a bit. (smile)

4 comments:

Mom2Bs said...

Oh Carey you crack me up! Maybe I should try some of your yummy bran flakes? I have been starting to think I should come up with some African theme for Marcus! We just signed our power of attorney today and will send it in the am! So if you see any good bed in a bag stuff, or anyother stuff, post it!! Praying for your little ones! All of them even at home!

Crista said...

The border is adorable! You gave me an idea for our 2 youngest - b/g! Personally, I'd put the wallpaper on the bottom half...paint the upper parts to match the yellow, and get plain-colored comforters/blankets/fleeces in red or purple for Summer and blue or brown for Jaden. ;o) (Can you tell I have not done any decorating in my own house in the 6+ years we've been here? lol!)

Sara said...

Love the animals. Great idea for boy/girl room.
I would probably just pull out a couple colors in the multicolor palate and bring them out in the bedding, etc. (that is because I am not a fan of painting detail)

Karen said...

Adorable! Sounds like you are enjoying all the nesting :-)