Here I Go Again...
...with another midnight musing. And this time it is midnight. Why oh WHY am I not in bed?!?
A thought just occurred to me and I had to write it down.
Change. We've/I've been talking about change.
It's easier to see change has a reason when you're looking backwards. A familiar saying..."Hindsight is 20/20." It's easier to surmise why God allows some things that include hard, hurtful change. Not that I KNOW why...but it's easier to surmise (yes, I'm liking that word "surmise" tonight).
The past few years we have had some VERY difficult relationship experiences that I am unable to post about. It wouldn't be right to "talk" about it as it would hurt people. Hence, even though it's been a huge part of our lives, brought huge change to our lives, no posting.
Hindsight. It occurred to me if these relationships were still good, and these relationships were still as influential in our lives as they were years ago, we wouldn't let God use us. Especially with this adoption. We'd let ourselves be talked out of it. Reasoned out of it.
There have been other times in my life when I had been absolutely sure God was leading me a certain way, but I let myself be talked into a different, "safer" direction by those (with good intentions) in these relationships. Only to regret it later.
Am I saying God tears down relationships? Nope. Not at all. God is the inventor of relationships. He is the God of love. Not the God of mistrust.
But he does work all things out for good. Even icky hurtful stuff.
This journey we are on is waaaaaay out of my comfort zone. A few years ago if someone close to me truly tried to talk me out of it, they probably would have succeeded. Then what wonderful things would I have missed?
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Also, these rifts have brought me closer to God. Cuz during the storms you've got to hang on to the Rock.

Hindsight...






4 comments:
We've had to deal with changes in relationships in the past few years as well - likely for different reasons but ultimately, for the same reason I suppose. As I walk with God an my faith grows, the things of this world change, including relationships with others.
You are a blessing and the "exchange" for you is great! But that is God-he loves to blow our minds!
Love you.
Great post. It's impossible to keep relationships with people who don't support where God is leading your family.
Great post. I can empathize where you are/have been with relationships. I have had my fair share of growing/changing in relationships the past two years. Like Jennifer said, it is impossible to be in relationship where the people don't support you in God's plan for your life. I have finally come to a peace about this in my life. I am actually happier (most days) with fewer people in my life. No matter how painful it was to get here.
Love you Honey Bunny!!
Post a Comment