Thursday, October 02, 2008

(almost) Midnight Musings

Ok, so the computer was off and I was in bed, but after my Bible study I felt the need to write. Ah, such an outlet for me.

Just a few happenings. Shianne's glasses broke a couple of days ago. She was on a trail at a county park nearby with her class, tripped on a log and broke her glasses. She was so afraid we'd be mad. But of course, we weren't. It was an accident. Now, she regularly takes off her glasses and leaves them places. If that had been the case there would have been some discipline involved. But it wasn't. She gets new ones tomorrow. Thankfully I had "glasses insurance" for my 10 year old! They're replaced for free.

Tye swallowed a tooth the other day. Pretty hilarious! He wasn't upset. How can you be upset when you're tooth goes down with casserole? The main thing is as long as the tooth fairy still comes. We're gonna draw her a picture.

Puppies are doing well. It's fun to watch them get their sea legs and start walking instead of doing the "doggie crawl." They somehow got a skin infection so have been on antibiotics and I had to give them a bath and will have to every week for a few weeks. Poor little fellows. I made sure the bathroom was warm cuz we had to let the shampoo sit for 15 minutes. They're still cute, but their hair is falling out in the infection spots. So we probably won't sell them until they're 10 weeks old instead of 8...hopefully. But they're healthy so that's what counts.

Sad sad day in the doggie world. Jerico had his tumor removed today. Unlike what he previously thought, during surgery the tumor was much more extensive and into his muscle. He couldn't get it all. Although we are having it sent to the lab to see how aggressive it is, the vet is positive it's cancer (big big sigh). No one should get cancer. He's the friendliest happiest best Boxer ever. Not to mention an awesome daddy. And we already had someone who wanted to take him for breading purposes. If the results come back as slow growing he might have a couple more good years. Thankfully he hasn't been suffering a bit. It seems to not have affected him at all. It's such a waste!! I told the person who was going to purchase him if the results come back as good as possible he can have him for free. We don't need another dog, much less a boxer, but part of me wants to keep one of his pups just as a remembrance. I feel like a 6 year old telling you this, but tonight I asked God that if some animals do get to go to heaven (not to get into a spiritual debate over this), could he please take Jerico? He's a good dog. I think I may cry a little bit over this one.

Right now as a Sunday School group we're doing Beth Moore's "The Patriarchs." Awesome stuff. Wow. If you've never done a Beth Moore Bible study get your hands on one. Don't get me wrong, I believe the Scriptures are alive, but Beth really makes them come alive for me, makes me think of things in a different way that makes sense. Like a light comes on. Like, oh yeah, NOW I get it! Cool. God is doing powerful things through her.

Last week Saturday we had a training call with our agency. They are so hands on, I just love it. I learned a lot about E. And to be honest, I came away kinda scared. Not change-my-mind scared, but scared. I've told people China is a different world. The way I see it now, if China is a different world, E is in a whole other universe.

People are people. We're all made in God's image. In some ways we will always all be the same. That was made even more clear in my mind when we were in China. God is King over us all, whether we know it or not.

But as for a more worldly view, cultures are so far apart. I cannot imagine the culture SHOCK the kids are going to have coming to America. But I rest in the fact that God is faithful, and this is His plan.

I read something cool in my Bible Study tonight which actually prompted this post. This is Beth talking...

"Do you ever feel too weary, worn, and beaten up by life to believe God can do anything wonderful and miraculous with you?... (Yes)

Many times when He told me through His Word and prayer to believe Him for something very specific, over time the outlook on the matter dwindled from good to slim to utterly impossible before He brought it to pass...." (the direction I feel myself heading)

He wants to make absolutely sure that we know He's the one who fulfills divine promises."

Then she asked us to put our name in with Gen 18:14, which would be...

"Carey, Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

Nada. Nothing. Zilch. God is good. Accomplishing something through me/us will just show how strong and faithful He is. Cuz this is a God-sized-thing. Can I get an "Amen"?! God is good.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Thanks for your midnight musings, Carrie--what you shared was something I needed to hear (read), but for different reasons.

BTW--no Hannah didn't mention that she saw you, but I'll ask her! Did you enjoy the chapel/activity the kids did?

Amy said...

I did the Patriarch study last year and love Beth's studies. I've done a few of them now. This year we've started A Women's Heart: God's Dwelling Place and already have learned so much in just a couple weeks!