Virtual Baby Shower
Ok, this is really cool. Happened upon this site where some blogging friends are having a virtual baby shower--through paypal--for this wonderful family adopting 5 children. They already have 7 children at home. Yes, you heard me right. Are visions of the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" floating through your mind?
I have to admit, part of me is relieved that 7 children (which we will have) sounds like a small number in relation to 12 children. And yes, I believe all 12 will be still living at home, no adult kids.
Here's an exerpt from the blog about the baby shower...
"Now this family needs 5 more beds, 5 more car seats, 5 more dressers, 5 more seats at the table, clothes for 5 more, etc. etc. And no, they have no idea what they are going to drive! The new kiddo's are a sibling group of five coming to them through the foster system -but they are no longer foster children because this precious family is adopting them. They are ages 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1...
Not everyone has the gifts to mother 12 children. Not everyone can be a teacher or president or run a bulldozer. We all have certain skills. Amy has the skills to have a large family. God has gifted her with 12... Twelve children who are loved and safe and happy together...
Some people don't like twelve. They say it's too many. I celebrate that Amy has such a grace and courage in the gifts God has given her. I celebrate the lives she has changed by surrendering her own life to serve others...
I know that not everyone celebrates our adoptions the same way they do pregnancies. I know some people don't see the 12th child the same way they saw the first. We KNOW that's not at all God's view. God celebrated each of your babies before the world began. We know that and we are REJOICING with you and with them. I can hardly wait to meet them.
So for everyone who wants to celebrate with Amy would you consider donating a gift of money to help them get started with these 5 new kids? I have placed a Pay Pal donate button on the top right hand corner of my blog. It's SUPER easy. Just push the donate now button. I will send every penny I collect to Amy."
Here's a "button" to push to join in on the fun and to give a shower gift! Just click on the picture!






No comments:
Post a Comment