Just a Note
I am taking it easy today, not doing much at all. Wellllll....I do have 7 kids here, 5 years and under. So I guess I should get credit with doing something! LOL But nothing extra. The laundry and other things can wait until tomorrow.
This weekend I spent 3 days on "the Hill," as we like to call it, at Cursillo (see link on sidebar). A Christian retreat where you can spend 3 days with the Lord. It's wonderful. I enjoyed Cursillo for the first time almost 6 years ago. Since then I have many times gone back to "work." I put work in parenthesis because by working I am just as blessed as I was by going and listening to speakers and being waited on. It is such a blessing to serve at Cursillo. And what a weekend we had!!!!! God worked miracles this weekend!!! The Spirit was a-movin' and He could be felt. What an honor to be involved in it. Lots of praisin' going on! I'd love to talk about it more a bit later, but as I said, I'm takin' it easy today. My friend at Getting Down with Jesus calls it a vacation with Jesus. Wonderful way to put it, Jennifer! But like most vacations, you need a vacation from your vacation when you get home. LOL
Another note...my bedroom makeover was done while I was gone!!! What fun! What fun! Brandy led me to our room and made me close my eyes. I felt like Extreme Home Makeover. hee hee! It's beautiful! I LOVE it! So peaceful and relaxing. Just what I needed. I can't wait to show you pictures and explain a bit more. But as I said before...takin' it easy today...
One more thing. Shelby had 5 puppies last night! All healthy and adorable. She's a great momma, so not much work for me at this point.
Hope to be up and at 'em tomorrow and get into more detail about all these fun happenings at our household! God Bless!






6 comments:
I'll be anxious to see the makeover pictures, because you may not remember, but I was the one bidding against you at the auction. But I'm happy for you and am glad you now have a new bedroom!!Hope you can make it through the day, without needing a nap. I remember those days after a Cursillo weekend. I would come home totally exhausted. But still on a mountian top. Does that make sence?
Carey,
Shellie showed me some of the items for your bedroom when we were at their place a while back so I can't wait to see the finished product! Know the people who did it I am sure that it is beautiful! Looking forward to the pics!
I like how you describe it -- taking a vacation after vacation. YES!!! I really felt that way, too. Also, yesterday was the day when God really impressed on my heart that I needed to be intentional. I've been doing that today by cutting some things out of my life, and trying to figure out what to keep. I'm listening for God's voice in all of it. ... Carey, it was great "working" with you at Cursillo. You're an incredible woman of God, and you bring joy to my life and the lives of many others. So glad we can stay connected through our blogs. Love ya!
I went on an Emmaus walk many years ago and had the same experience...I could us another one at the moment!!
Can't wait to see pics of your new room~
Having 7 kids at my house is never considered taking it easy!!
Hello darlin'!! I found you!!! It was a blessing & privilege to work with you last weekend...I keep thinking about the shift in your emphasis of your life verse "I CAN do all things through Christ...". God keeps bringing that to mind again & again; so thanks, sista!! love, Patty
Post a Comment