Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Orphans Worldwide

I absolutely LOVE it when God gives me the chance to talk about adoption to someone who has considered it. I got that chance about a week ago. The gal I talked to had truly thought about it, and so had her husband. But they felt blessed, and rightly so, with their 3 biological children, and felt that they should let someone else be blessed with a child through adoption.

I told her (incorrectly) that their were 43 million orphans in the world, and so basically there were enough kids to go around. In all actuality, there are 143 million orphans in the world. I found this video here, that more adequately explains it.



The question was posed, what are we as Christians going to do about this?? If you have ever felt the slightest nudge from the Holy Spirit to help these millions of kids...please act on it.

3 comments:

patty said...

Hello, Carey! Thanks for all the great posts (I've been reading some back ones)...your bedroom is beautiful! We've been talking alot about God's will in our house the last few days and so we've been searching the scriptures and was reminded of this passage from Isaiah 1:16-17 "...cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow." Thank you for answering God's call for you to "defend the orphan" in a very concrete way! God bless...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been looking for this video. I saw it at a benefit for orphans a couple weeks ago. Sweet.

Jinglebritches said...

I love your heart Hunny Bunny!!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

Love you to pieces!!