Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

A challenge was issued by a friend of mine, Steph, to list 10 things I'm thankful for, and I'm finally getting around to it!

We have a tradition on our family. Each Thanksgiving we eat breakfast together, and we each get 5 kernels of corn. We have a journal that we keep just for Thanksgiving. Each person writes their own name in it (unless they're too little). Then we go around the table as we eat our cinnamon rolls and throw a kernel in the basket, telling what we're thankful for. It's been a great tradition. Last year I tweaked it a little bit because everyone always had pretty much the same "big 5." So....we come up with the 5 biggest things we're thankful for all together, and then go down the list to "smaller" things. In that same spirit, I'm going to make 2 lists. A "Big 10" and a "Smaller 10."

BIG 10

1. The love of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and His salvation through grace alone.
2. My AWESOME hubby
3. My AWESOME kiddos already at home, and my soon to be AWESOME kiddos coming home in 2009, and for the opportunity God has given us through adoption
4. My kids school
5. My health
6. My home
7. My friends (ya know who ya are and I love ya!)
8. Brandy's job, and the support they give us
9. Clean water and plenty of food
10. My Bible, and the opportunity to study it out in the open or in a group of people without fear of persecution.

Ok.....now a bit more frivolous, but still thankful for...

Smaller 10

1. My bed...love my sleep number mattress. Umm hmmm
2. Computers...although at times they drive me crazy, they are my connection to "the outside world", on that note, blogs and email!
3. My bedroom makeover
4. Green grass, the moon and the stars
5. Dogs
6. A long hot shower
7. Naps (by kiddos and by mom!)
8. Great daycare families
9. Appliances...my dishwasher (washing dishes, yuck), my laundry (even though sometimes it gives me fits, washing by hand, no thanks!), my fridge, my vacuum (dyson...I love it!). Don't love all those chores but sure love my "helpers"
10. Time with my girlfriends, to just sit and chat chat chat....ahhhh....

I could go on...What are your Top Ten? I pass the challenge to YOU!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thanks for taking up the challenge! --Love the Big 10 and Little 10 idea!