Weekend started off on Wednesday eve. with church. Brandy still has some fieldwork to do, so he worked through the evening. We almost didn't go, because I wasn't sure I felt like taking the 4 chillins to the service by myself. But...the kids convinced me (thankfully) to go. It's the service where we have a grocery offering, and kids go through the aisles to collect them, some with little wagons. So off we went.
I dropped Jaden off at the nursery before church started; he loves it. So that brought the count down to three! =) It was a wonderful service. God spoke right to my heart and I needed it.
After church we went to the center to help drop off the food. The girls rode on the church bus, we followed in the van. So glad we could be a part of that.
Afterwards, we dropped the mini-van off at an auto body place to have it detailed. sniff sniff. I had cleaned it out earlier and actually had a bit of a hard time with it. So did Tye! He cried for about 10 minutes. "Can't we keep both vans, Mom?" Nope. I guess it was easy to get "Bob" because I still had my van with all the extras. But...I'm ok with it again. We haven't sold the mini-van yet, but I want it to be able to compare with the ones on the auto lot. Gotta love the almost new car smell! So, that means when it gets back we won't be driving it anymore. But I digress...So Brandy met us at the auto place and home we went.
Thanksgiving morning Brandy and I slept in a little bit. The girl's were up and they came and shut our bedroom door. Hmmm...I got up to put the oven on for the cinnamon rolls and found out what they were up, too. Setting a beautiful Thanksgiving breakfast table, china and all!

We enjoyed our cinnamon rolls and especially each other. We wrote down everyone's 5 things they were thankful for, and then laughed at some things they said other years when they were littler.

Just for fun, here's Jaden's list...and he actually said these!
What Jaden is thankful for...
- Jaden (yes, he's thankful for himself!)
- Blankie
- Cars
- Movie (Cars)
- Race Cars
Anyone else see a theme here? LOL
Then we were off to Brandy's family for Thanksgiving dinner. What a nice time! And I only had to bring green bean casserole. Can't beat that! We relaxed the rest of the day. Had a bit of disappointing news later in the day, but we'll manage.
Today Brandy worked, and I finished making small tie-blankies to send the kids in E. Summer will have a larger one on her toddler bed at home. They should be getting our first care packages this weekend or early next week!

Then I got to balance the checkbook. Fun fun! (It only took a few tries). And you know, the usual household chores.
Tonight Sierra has a friend overnight for her birthday next week. Tuesday nights aren't good nights for sleepovers! As I write this they are all having a good time.
Looking forward to what tomorrow brings. I love it when life stops a bit for Thanksgiving. Not the usual routine. Get to stay home a bit more. I'm such a homebody! Happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
Wow. I love that Thanksgiving breakfast table, with the special dishes set carefully by loving hands.
What precious memories you made! I love your idea of having each person say 5 things they are thankful for. I also think the idea of writing those things down is great!
Post a Comment