Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Brandy's in Prison

Did the title grab your attention?


Yes, my hubby went to court today, and now he's in prison.


Did THAT grab your attention???


Ok, it's not QUITE true. He's not in prison YET. But he's on his way there.

Ok, I'm really enjoying imagining the look on your face. hee hee

It's all very true. Except...it's a half truth...which can be a bit misleading, right? So if I don't give you all the details it could actually be a lie. So I better fess up.

Brandy was called in to our county jury duty today, and had to be a juror on a misdemeanor case. AND, totally unrelated to that, right now he's in a van with a bunch of awesome friends of his on his way to a prison...where they will share the Good News and the love of Jesus Christ.

Pretty cool, isn't it?!? I love it. I also love making people stop and look when I tell them my hubby's in prison. Naughty, I know. But fun.

So I'm single parenting 'til Sunday. We just had our first, and hopefully only, mishap.

We were driving "Bob" home. We usually get into our house via garage door opener. Well...it wouldn't work. The kids and I were outside, in the dark, in about 20+ degree weather. No working garage door opener. No key. Sierra started crying cuz she was cold (in my opinion actually a tiny bit scared), which scared Tye. He dropped his bag of groceries. The caramel sauce in a glass jar broke all over the driveway. Now he's terrified. He starts screaming. Meanwhile I'm calling hubby who's on his way to prison to see if he has any ideas. While also getting quite frustrated at aforementioned screaming children. Not a great mommy moment. Brandy suggested moving around the battery in the opener.

I got off the phone. Hollered at the children. Had a brilliant idea. Licked the battery (yes, sometimes this gets you one more charge) and viola! the door opened!

We brought the groceries in. I cleaned up caramelized glass. I apologized to my kiddos. Especially Tye who was downright terrified. He forgave me. We cuddled. We made a plan to put a house key in Bob tomorrow should this ever happen again.

I commended Shianne for her cool head among screaming children. Told her how much she is growing up. She beamed. Better mommy moment.

Ah...now I'm blogging instead of putting the non-perishables away and making my candy for the girls night out Christmas party tomorrow night. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Mom2Bs said...

Nothing is simple for us Mom's when Dad is gone! :0
Do something special for yourself while Brandy is gone!
Blessing's!