Christmas Highlights
Been meaning to catch up. What a wonderful week it's been. Even though...well...it was still full of God's peace and just wonderful. Here are some highlights, and then some pictures. Waaaaaay too much for one post, but ah well...
- Christmas Eve Eve we had a couple of wonderful friends over for supper. Great evening.
- Christmas Eve day we celebrated with Brandy's Grandmother and family. She decided to have lunch this year because as the family tree branches out, it's hard to get everyone there. It was a great alternative, because no one had to rush off to somewhere else. We could just sit and visit, and of course, eat a TON. What marathon training?!?
- Christmas Eve was our kids Christmas program at church. It was wonderful! I love watching our kids. Tye wasn't scared a bit. It was great.
- Early Christmas morning I woke up too....Santa? No...kids begging for gifts? No.......Oh joy of joys....the stomach flu!!! All four of the kids have had it once the last month. I guess there's only so much...ahem...puke...a mom can clean up without getting it herself! Ewwwww...
- I managed to curl up on the couch and join in on the stocking opening. I'm so glad I could! The kids enjoyed all their stocking gifts. We don't really "do" Santa at our house. So Tye's pretty sure God put all the gifts in the stockings. (smile)
- I went back to bed. Brandy and the older three went to church for the Christmas service. Jaden fell asleep watching his all time favorite movie..."Cars."
- Brandy took care of the kiddos while I slept all but four hours of the day away!
- We're taking the kids to a hotel for a couple of nights instead of regular gifts. But they did get one joint gift...a new Wii game. So they played and played and played. Although I wouldn't have picked Christmas day, I'm so grateful I got sick on a day that Brandy was home.
- Day after Christmas...I managed to get a shower and breakfast. No longer an upset tummy, but so tired...back to bed I go.
- Brandy is making strides in the basement. He's got some really good plans for the future!! He's so good at that kind of stuff.
- We got new video of the kids in E! Wow!!! What a wonderful Christmas present!!! How I wish I could show you!!
- Today, Mamma is better. Yeah!!
- We SOLD THE VAN TODAY! To a wonderful family. Hip hip hooray!!
- Went to my parents for Christmas this evening. The kids had lots of fun. Celebrating with Brandy's family on New Years Day.
Shhh....it's not time to ring your bell yet....


Opening our annual get-to-open-one-Christmas-present-on-Christmas eve...pjs!
Mom got to open presents on Christmas Eve cuz the kids couldn't wait any longer to give her what they made. (smile)
Our fabulous dog, Kalli, who stayed by my side almost every minute I was sick. Years ago she was my first "baby."
What could be better on Christmas morning than "Cars!"



Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!





3 comments:
Thank you for letting your readers and friends "peek" in on your marvelous Christmas celebration. Even in your sickness, you were clearly a blessing to those around you. God bless you!
Oh no! Flu on Christmas day!
Hope you are feeling better. What's going to be in the basement?
:)
Sorry to hear you were sick on Christmas. Glad you were able to get in on the stockings! Good to hear you are feeling better now!
Post a Comment