Clear the Air
Okay, as you can see by the time stamp on this post...I didn't do so well today in my marathon training. In fact, I think it can be summed up in one word...vitamins...ahem...yep, that's it. Oh, and Bible searching. Praise the Lord, more than once.
I want to start fresh tomorrow. And I want to do what helps me to do that. Write.
Got a bit accomplished today. Because of the weather I haven't had my one and only daycare family so far this week. Even though, when I consider this is not a temporary thing, I miss "my kids" (and can I say, so does Tye), so far it's been kind of vacation-ish. I'm getting some things done. Today I cleaned Sierra's room (which she was NOT impressed with when she came home from school...then follow directions and do it yourself, dear...we had a little chat) and I shaved the dog. Or, better said, gave her a haircut. Not the Momma of the house, but the old timer, Kalli. She doesn't look too bad. Especially with her jacket on smile...although it is only -5 degrees tonight, she needs her jacket). Managed to get some cleaning done, some laundry, some decluttering(in aforementioned room, hence the disgruntled daughter),make a supper my family enjoyed--that didn't include mac and cheese or pizza--and spend time with my family. Brandy and I even played a board game. What's up with that?!? Don't know. But I enjoyed it!
At times decluttering I found my self teary-eyed. Not unlike at the present moment. I generally try to declutter before Christmas, to somewhat offset the influx of "stuff" into our home. This year is a bit different, though. Our kids from E don't have a clue what "stuff" is, and could easily be overwhelmed and overstimulated by our "stuff." So trying to declutter a little more.
I can't even explain my emotions to myself, much less to you.
The unjustness of their lives. Of many peoples' lives around the world. The blessings we have in contrast. The fact that our kids aren't home...yet. The difficulties that will come with their homecoming. The love that will come with their homecoming. And somehow...in these words I've not yet explained it.
The complexities of love. Maybe that does the explaining.
LOVE. God is love. Did you know that? And God is so complex our minds can't even fathom! But I digress...
I'm still up because I elected to do some much needed Bible searching instead of somewhat needed sleep. I was confronted with something this evening that was a bit upsetting. It was too late to call any of my "peeps" to discuss. My hubby was wonderful even though I required (I thought) a woman's listening ear. Man, do I ever love that man. And then, of course, it dawned on me to hit my knees.
Lord....Lord. (sigh) How am I supposed to handle this one? When someone says something one time and then does a total flip flop without warning? When someone believes that words to me in anger shouldn't be taken seriously (over and over and over)? Grace. Grace. I know. Yet I don't know. I really don't have a clue, do I? But it happens so often. With no sign of stopping. And others don't know and I look like the "bad guy." Grace, Carey...Grace.
Thanks be to God for His GLORIOUS GRACE!!
There, now I've cleared the air and I'm ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow begins a new day of marathon training. God's blessings to you!






3 comments:
Carey, I want to sit down with you and really talk...soon...but when? When?
Eager for your kids to come home with you.
Much love,
Miriam
Carey,
Grace, we are so blessed with God's Grace!
I will continure to pray for You and Your Family this Holiday Season! Next year we both will (God willing!) have more children to show them God's Grace and the excitment of Jesus' Birthday!
I don't know about you, but I was releived they cancelled dance! :)
Sending HugS!
Merry Christmas! Kristi
praying for you...
Post a Comment