Friday, December 19, 2008

Even Though

What a good day Jaden and I are having! It's just the two of us. You'd think I'd be getting lots done, but nope. But I'm still having the best day.

Ahhh...I just have this joy today. God given. If you remember a while back I talked about freedom in Christ. Well, the past little while I'd lost that. Or let the evil one take it from me. But yesterday after listening to a great speaker on my ipod, doin' some Bible searching, and prayer...today, I'm free to have joy again. I've given up my "rights" and man is there freedom in that. Now tomorrow, I'll probably have to give up my "rights" again, cuz I'll want control. But right now. Ahh....the peace and joy with leaving my "rights" with the One who has the right to them!

Great day, even though...we got loads of snow last night. Our kids have school even though just about everyone else doesn't. But the roads seem pretty good.

Even though...this is the second time I'm writing this cuz somehow Jaden pushed one button and deleted the whole thing a few minutes ago...

Even though...our one remaining boxer had beautiful pups yesterday. Even though they're beautiful we're pretty sure they are boxer-lab pups (because of our escape artist male lab). We were really hoping for boxer-boxer pups. Becuase there's no monetary value in a boxer-lab. But...they are cute!

Even though...we were supposed to have friends over tonight and we were really looking forward to it. But a wedding for tomorrow night was "preponed" to tonight (can you imagine being that bride or her mom?!?) because we are supposed to have an old fashioned blizzard tomorrow. So, we had to reschedule supper. But it worked out.

Even though...Brandy's in SF because we shipped a boxer pup to his new home today. I had thought about getting presents for our E kids even though they aren't here. Having the other kids open them and taking pictures. This idea occurred to me when I discovered that although we have numerous white barbies in the house, we have no black barbies. Brandy is looking in SF for one. And has found ONE. And it's not one I really like (a black barbie with straight black hair with pink highlights? Ah, we can do better). I thought surely in SF we'd be able to find some. And a black baby doll. He found ONE of those too. But not one I really like either. So I'll have to order them. Christmas in E is actually in January. So maybe we'll open them then.

Even though...I'm not done Christmas shopping.

Even though...we have TONS to do on our house and in our house before our kids from E come home.

It's a great day. My even thoughs mentioned aren't very big ones. There are a couple bigger ones in my life, but overall we are so blessed. But no matter the size of my even thoughs...God is bigger than all our even thoughs.

Ahhh...

Marathon 10

  • Vitamins
  • No eating after 8:30
  • 10 minutes strength training
  • 64 oz water

No comments: