Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Now THAT'S Smart...NOT!

Ok, tip for the day!

Online coupons. I try to never order anything online without googling a coupon code first. Say, I'm ordering from JCPenney. I google "JCPenney coupons." I check out 3 or 4 websites that pop up on google. Now, Penneys isn't the best example, because they generally have a coupon around (but hey, I don't have to keep the fliers in my house!), but there are countless others available as well. Today I wanted to order some curtains for Sierra and Svanna's room. I couldn't find a coupon...I don't need it for a little while so we'll wait, maybe we'll find one later.

If you don't like to google, here are a few sites to try...

www.retailmenot.com
www.dealcatcher.com

Now, the last while, I've been looking for grocery coupons to print. There are some good ones around. See one you like? Print it more than once. Who couldn't use a $1 coupon on Kellogg's cereal?

print coupons.com
microsite coupons.com
better crocker coupons (this one you need to sign up for a newsletter)

Another option. Today I needed to grab 2 boxes of Velveeta cheese. I googled "Velveeta coupons," and right on the Kraft foods website was a coupon for a dollar off. I printed two.

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/Velveeta/velvMainLoaf.htm

A warning! There are apparently fraudulent coupons around. So some grocery stores have a policy not to take them. That happened to me today. After spending a couple of hours on and off today, looking for coupons, I got to the check out at Fareway and the cashier said it was their policy not to take them because of the fake ones floating around. Thankfully, I asked if she could ask her manager. The manager looked them over, deeming that they were real, and it was fine.

My "Smart" thing of the evening? I was so proud of myself for finding about $6 in coupons (only on things we often pick up anyway) today. Since I was out and about from about 4:30 till 8:00 pm, I was obviously hungry. I pulled through a drive-thru and spent about $4.60 on a mushroom and swiss burger!! That's no fries and no drink, just a burger. So I came out about $1 ahead. Maybe my time today would have been better spent making myself a sack supper instead of googling?? I'm guessing healthier, too! Although the burger was tasty...(smile) but not smart!

I had a great Marathon day yesterday! Today...well, hmmm...we'll discuss that tomorrow!

Marathon 15

  • Low sugar
  • 30 minutes of aerobic exercise
  • 10 minutes of strength training
  • 64 oz of water
  • 5 fruits and veggies (YEAH!! I actually made this one!)
  • vitamins
  • no eating after 8:30 pm
  • in bed, lights off, 10:30
  • Bible searching

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the coupon sites! I am always looking for ways to save a few $$$$$$!

Sara said...

I have used the retialmenot and it does work.
As for the internet coupons - I have seen more places locally that won't accept them. Too bad some people have to ruin a good thing for everyone else.
The mushroom/swiss burger if my favorite too!