Reflection
We're having a morning musing instead of a midnight musing today. That is, as long as my kiddos let me...
Why do I blog? The question of the hour. It's an outlet for me. I enjoy it. But wouldn't it be an outlet just to journal, instead of letting the world in on it? Hmmm...
Another reason I blog is to be a part of the blog community. Checkin' in on others blogs, they checkin' in on mine.
Another reason is to show Moms that they aren't alone in this mothering business. And by making myself a bit vulnerable, I hope they can see that.
Another reason? To tell the world of the wonders of adoption.
Another reason? To tell the world of the wonders of Christ and His love.
But am I a good example of that? The last reason I mean. Unfortunately most days I fall short. One thing God has been convicting me of, especially last night and this morning? Pride. Nasty, awful thing. Pride comes to play in my blogging as well. How many people read my blog today, this week? Did anyone comment?? Why do others get more comments/readers? Yucky, icky pride. To stop the pride bug on my blog, I'm removing my counter. It doesn't matter. I need to have a blog audience of ONE. My Lord and Savior.
A church friend told me Sunday that she lived vicariously through my blog. I had some lame comment about the circus that is my life (Most days I enjoy this circus, by the way). I wish I would have said, "How's that?" Or asked her about her life. Cuz I know she's been busy! So maybe, friend, next time I see you, I won't be so wrapped up in my little world. And if you feel like it, you can explain it to me. Or better yet, tell me about your life. I'd love to hear!!
Marathon 16
- low sweets
- vitamins
- no eating after 8:30
- Bible searching






5 comments:
Thank you for the great reminder!
You've made lots of good points here, Carey. Blogging is an interesting thing, and I've asked myself the same questions. It's like journaling out loud, which can be very scary. My goal is to be very honest about my faith, my doubts, my worry -- and that be confessing it publicly I can be real and "get down" to truth with God and with others.
It has been an amazing journey so far. I've made some great blog "friends" and have surely been blessed more than I've been a blessing to someone.
Plus, blogging is just plain FUN!
Interesting point about the site counter thing-y. I suppose we could get wrapped up in how many folks are visiting our sites.
Thank you for the way you've blessed me in 2008 through your blog. It's one of my favorite places to visit!
Love ya!
Great post Carey!
This is a way to journaling, posting our faith and how God is working and guiding our steps raising our children, relationships with our husbands, friends and family. Sharing our feelings for children who need a place to call home! Praise God if we can bring 1 person the gift of salvation! I wish there was a way we could compile all our blogs, and put it into some kind of book!
Here to 2009!! Happy New Year and God Bless all of Your Family!!!
I've been catching up. I have been a bad blogger lately. Looks like you had a good Christmas, even with the flu...yuck!
I'm glad you blog!!
Happy New Year!
Love you Hunny Bun!!!
Post a Comment