Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crazy Wednesday

Ok, yesterday was a bit nuts. It went a bit like this...

  • leave at 9:15


  • drop boys off at Grandma's


  • drive to 16 miles to dentist appt


  • find out I have a cavity and get to go back next week (I floss every day! I really do!)


  • Pick up the boys


  • Go home and make lunch


  • leave at 12:25 to take Tye and our neighbor to preschool


  • drive 11 miles back home because I wasn't quite prepared for the rest of the day


  • make flight arrangements for a puppy and get stuff ready


  • leave at 1:30, drive 11 miles to preschool to drive for field trip


  • buckle in 7 preschoolers plus Jaden and take off for the pizza place


  • watch and learn how they make pizza (it's "P" week)


  • EAT pizza! (highlight!)


  • buckle in 7 preschoolers plus Jaden...get caught in the back of Bob myself and unbuckle one preschooler so I can get out...then buckle her back in



  • drive 11 miles back to school


  • pick up girls


  • drive 15 miles


  • stop at Hy-Vee to pick up their loss leaders and a quick supper


  • drop Sierra off at dance


  • stop at Fareway only to decide to go their later cuz one of their loss leaders is ice cream and it's a beautiful 39 degree day


  • get gas


  • drop Shianne off at gymnastics


  • take video of my friend Renae's Maltese for the website


  • pick up Sierra


  • pick up Shianne


  • leave at 6:25, drive 8 miles to Pioneer club while eating


  • drive 8 miles back to previous town


  • go to Wal-Mart


  • go to Fareway


  • drive 8 miles to pick up the kids


  • at 8:10 leave for home


  • put groceries away, do more puppy selling, tuck kids in


  • CRASH...

Now that I bored you to pieces with that rendition of my day, I'll say I'm glad everyday isn't Wednesday! I'm not even gonna count how many miles I put on...I don't want to know.

Today is a GREAT day! I'm home with the boys. We were blessed enough to find a Wii Fit after looking at about 6 different places and calling a friend in another town (thanks, Brenda!) to pick it up for us.

Today's been catching up with laundry, picking up...and Tye and I have been trying out the Wii Fit. What fun! Today it seems, anyway, a great way to exercise. Now tomorrow when all my muscles hurt...ha!

Oh, and lets not forget that I'm down to one shih tzu (going next week) and one little lab puppy (still available...any takers?) in the house. Much less poop to deal with. Hip hip hooray! (ok, there's just part of me that wants to add "the super readers save the day!" if your child watches PBS you know where I'm coming from).

Oh, and tonight I get to go to a Pam Chef make and take and come home with 2 meals. Definately a good day!


Marathon 35

  • vitamins
  • no eating after 8:30
  • low sweets

Marathon 36

  • vitamins
  • 64 oz water
  • no eating after 8:30
  • low(ish) sweets (it's a close call...in a pinch when hungry through all my driving around ate some frosted animal crackers...hmmm...)

P.S. Advance notice...it's Chinese New Year next Monday. I know it's not celebrated by many of you reading this blog...but...maybe you can use it to expand your horizons or teach your kids about different cultures. (or...just treat yourself to some Chinese food!)

P.P.S. "Loss Leaders" are the things that stores (grocery mainly) price low to get you in the door. So low that they may even lose money on them...but they are counting on making that up with the other things you buy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally get "the super readers save the day!" part! I am so glad that I am not the only one who has days like that! Great work super mom! :)

Amy said...

Wow! I'm wore out just reading about your day. I bet the teachers love having you drive for field trips...wow you can fit a lot of kids in! :) This is a dumb question but what is a "loss leaders"? I kind-of have an idea but I've never heard the term.