A Tad Bit Overwhelmed
A friend asked me Friday night how it was without daycare. I said with the holidays and finishing the basement I hadn't noticed as much as I thought I would. I said probably as soon as the basement is done it will hit me. She said I'll still have so much to do that it might not ever hit.
I think she's right.
Woodwork. Painting the basement. Painting an upstairs bedroom. Shopping for 3 kids. Organizing for more space. Decorating aforementioned 3 rooms. Christmas away weekend with the kids. Chinese New Year in Minneapolis. Weekend away with my hubby? (hopefully). More painting upstairs. Taking the sink we never use out of the laundry for shelves and a table for folding. Advertising and selling 4 puppies. Bookwork/Taxes for 2008. Re-vamping the garage so the van can fit. Figuring out this homeschooling thing. Bluegrass committee at school. Spending time with my kids already home. Strengthening my marriage so we can withstand the stressful months of getting settled in. Laundry admist 4 puppies (and their "messes"). Cooking. Cleaning. Homework. Taking the kids to their events. The Sunday School class we just started.
Yeah. She's probably right.
I was actually overwhelmed earlier this evening. In part because we ended up doing some sale shopping today. Although we got some stuff done and found some great deals, I don't like shopping on Sundays. First of all, Sunday's are commanded to be a day of rest. Shopping isn't restful for me. Second of all, I'm encouraging those working at the stores that it's profitable to be open and work on Sundays, so they aren't resting. But there we were. And tonight we took down the Christmas tree. I did take a nap on the way to and from S.City.
And then I started thinking about what I all have to do. Ahhhh!!!
And then I handed it over to the One in control.
I don't have to do it all tonight. Or tomorrow or the next day. I just need to do today what needs to be done. He's in control of tomorrow (and today) and can handle it much better than me. There's rest and peace and JOY in that.
The kids could possibly (we're praying, please pray too!) be home in a little over 2 months!! Can you believe it?!? And even with all there is to do, we'd take them earlier than that in a heartbeat.
Second reason I'm feeling overwhelmed is because with my long to-do list and the holidays my marathon days have been HORRIBLE. And when I'm not taking care of myself, I can't take care of others. It's time to pick up the pace. No more excuses.
I'm going to bed. Lord, looking forward to having you by my side all day tomorrow. What a privilege!
Marathon 21
- Vitamins
- sheesh...
Marathon 20
- vitamins
- 64 oz water
Marathon 19
- vitamins
- 64 oz water
- Bible searching






3 comments:
There's always something to do isn't there? I pray peace in the midst of all you have going on-life isn't about lists and I know you know that. Don't get so busy that you don't enjoy the journey either!
As far as getting ready for your kids to come home, its that cheesy statement that I'm going to throw at you here: "home is where the heart is." They probably aren't going to care about much else.
I realize too, that with this addition, that you do have things that must be done - so I'll pray for God to guide you through deciding what must be done vs what you want done.
Can't wait for your family to be complete - how awesome that it may be as soon as two months.
Love ya.
Boy and I thought I was busy! You are wise to give it to Him, but I also know how hard that is!
I am off sugar starting today and am trying to eat better and drink lots of water, because like you, if I am not taking care of me, no one else gets the best of me either!
Hugs~
Carey, I really appreciate your honesty and openness about everything! Thank you for sharing your "marathon" with all of us, it really is an encouragement to me to keep trying. Have a great day :)
Post a Comment