Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ready for the Weekend

Ahhh...the house is quiet, and I'm relaxing with wet nails (yes, my friends, this is Carey, and I actually did my nails!).

Aside from some laundry (which doesn't go well with wet nails), I think I'm just about ready to leave tomorrow. Some last minute packing and making sure Brandy's got a list of the weekend happenings and we're ready to go.

Go where?!? Well, it's my turn to go to Cursillo! And I'm very excited. Well...it's more like a sense of peace. Joy, possibly? Ahh...

This weekend was such a gift from above for me. I wasn't even going to work it because I truly thought/hoped we would either be in Ethiopia or going shortly. Just a couple of days after the disappointing news of our second court date being postponed, the gal in charge of the weekend called and asked if I'd do one of the best "jobs" at Cursillo that there is! While on the phone I was thanking God for the opportunity and gift in the midst of disappointment.

I get to listen to all the speakers and enjoy it as if I was going through the first time. My responsibility is to be there for a table of gals that are there for the first time. And I won't take that responsibility lightly. I'm very excited to serve and to be there for them.

AND AND AND let's not forget what Friday is, shall we?!?!?

Can you say...court?!?!?

Since I will be listening to a lot of speakers and doing a lot of worshiping, I won't be able to have my cell phone on. So my dear hubby is either going to call my friend working behind the scenes, or...he might just show up himself!! And what a great place for me to be when I find out the news...surrounded by my sisters in Christ. That happened with Jaden's referral as well, and I had many friends to surround me as I was flipping out! LOL!

Unfortunately that means I won't be able to let you in on the good news (hopefully, praying so!) until Monday. Can you wait that long?

Can you believe, that if we pass court we'll probably be traveling the beginning of April?!? Wow. It a little more than a month I could be the mom of 7. Wow.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. Please continue praying. God is using you to lift us up. God's blessings to you!

4 comments:

Jinglebritches said...

NO!, i can't wait that long!! I think your sister needs a phone call. :0)

Have a blessed weekend

Leah said...

I don't think I can wait either!! I say give dear hubby the password for the blog and let him post! Could be veeeeery interesting! lol Will be praying, my friend.

Amy said...

Enjoy Cursillo! Praying you pass court tomorrow!

the Crists said...

Thinking of all of you - especially when I saw this!! Praying for you all - can't wait to hear you REJOICE!!

http://www.liberty.edu/libertyjournal/index.cfm?PID=15758&section=8&artid=612&CFID=34855063&CFTOKEN=72979125

--Tina
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we can not see - Hebrews 11:1