Thinking Pink? Might Think Again...
The kids and I had a good day. Started off with picking up and cleaning. Then a visit from the VBs, one of my daycare families. They are starting at their new daycare March 1st and I had some things I wanted to give them before that. So thankful that it worked out today! It was great to have them at the house again. Later in the afternoon Jaden said, "I ike Hanah." You like Hanah? "ep" "I ike Adam?" I know you do sweetie. I bet you miss them too.
Then I got a call and we sold our last boxador pup! Yeah! God has been so good to us with selling dogs this past 6 weeks or so. I am just amazed at this gift. This new family was close enough to come by and pick him up (about 100 miles away). Well, our kennels were a mess...at least by my standards. Don't worry, the pups are kept clean and all get fresh water and food daily, and the poop from the older puppies and the momma kept inside regularly gets picked up..we're not gross. But...still yuck. Especially since B Dawg the escape artist has gotten a new kennel outside within the gated area. That's the only way we could figure to keep him in. That means he has a much smaller area outside, and the dirt is getting like powder from all his running/bouncing around out there. So it's even easier for him to carry it in and it covers EVERYTHING in there.
Suffice it to say...Sierra and Shianne helped me clean in the kennel while Tye stayed in the house, with sleeping Jaden, scrubbing stainless steel buckets we brought in to make them shine. For the most part, they all did WONDERFULLY! I was so proud of my kids for all their help. Especially Sierra Grace. She shined today! So, I decided to pay them according to their work (hadn't told them this previously), and a little while later decided to take them to a movie. Now I'm a homebody, and especially so when Brandy's not home, but, I wanted to do something fun for them.
(BTW, the new owner of "Spike" didn't even ask to see the kennel. We had brought Spike in for a bath before he left for home, so he was in the house when he came. But, ah well, now it's much cleaner and will be a nice surprise for Brandy when he gets home).
So I looked online. We don't go to many movies, but they have been asking to see Dog Hotel. Well, all of the theatres I saw it was done showing. Except one. It was still in LM! Now if you know the theatre in LM, well...let's just say I saw Gremlins there as a child and they haven't done anything to it since. And, it's about 20 miles further from our house than the other local theatres but...the kids were super excited to go. So off we went! I had warned them that we (whom are budgeting) would go to the movie but no snacks. They asked if they could spend their own money, some of course which they just received. Ok. It's good for them to practice buying on their own, getting change, etc., anyway.
Got in line, paid for the tickets...sorry, online was wrong (they still even had the poster of Dog Hotel outside as showing!), it's no longer here. The only thing rated PG or less? The Pink Panther 2. Ok, we're here, I guess let's see that.
Well, the kids liked it. I wouldn't recommend it for kids tho. The, shall we say, innuendos were so blunt they were almost not innuendos, as flirting was a major part of the story line. And there were a couple of swear words (which my kids reassured me they didn't hear, and I slyly dug a little, and even my 10 yo didn't catch the innuendos--whew!).
A funny. We're sitting in the...uhm...older, somewhat not clean theatre...and I swear I can hear the reel to reel throughout the whole movie (is that possible? do they still use those?). We sit down with our snacks and drinks and Tye looks around and says, "Mom, I don't have a cup holder." Welcome to the wayitusedtobe, honey. Put it between your legs or on the floor!
It was a good day and night overall. We're driving home, I'm still reeling a bit from the change in movie plans, and Shianne says..."wow, it's a beautiful night."
I take a second to glance at the sky and the stars are just shining so brilliantly. Thanks, Lord. You are good. As the writer of the blog The Journey put it, "too good."
I think I'll try to surprise the kids with Dog Hotel at the $3 theatre sometime...






2 comments:
I remember that theater!! I didn't know it was still open! It's quite possible I saw Gremlins with you there...I know we saw a few movies there together =) I'm guessing the floor is still sticky too! Glad you had a good night even with the "change of plans"!
Almost time for court! Help me with the time change. What time here will your court be happening there? I will be praying for that court rooom. Let's go get those sweeties!!!
Post a Comment