Super Bowl and Birthdays...
Ok, time for an upbeat post!!! But a second before I get there...please pray for Shi as she has her MRI tomorrow morning.
Last Sunday night was...as most of you know...Super Bowl Sunday. We went to our good friends for a night of fun. I gotta admit, while I can get into football a little, it's not really my thing. But it was a "super" fun excuse to get together with friends! It is Brandy's thing, and the kids had fun with their friends and enjoyed dressing up in our favorite team's colors.
Jaden enjoyed it, as you can tell...
He LOVES football. I'm thinking...maybe quarterback?
Not only was it the Super Bowl, but February 1st was an important day. Well, at least we think it was/is. Am I confusing you yet? That's ok, I'm confused. Well, we won't be 100% sure until she gets home, but...
Let me start this way. February 1st is my Grandma Sadie's birthday. Especially the last 8 years, she has stood beside me through thick and thin, being there for me whenever she could. She's not perfect, none of us are. But she's still always there for me even though her health isn't well, and I wanted to honor her.
So...
In E, there are not, to my knowledge anyway, birth records. Nor do parents even keep track. So, we have the honor and privilege of picking our children's birthdays.
Not an easy task. Let's see. Let's skip December...too close to Christmas. January...everybody is recovering from Christmas and your birthday tends to be forgotten. Brandy is a farmer, so April and May are really busy, along with October and November. March and September are also a bit busy for him. Not to mention that the month kinda sort helps determine the age because of the placement in the year, so that should be taken into consideration.
How in the world do you pick your child's birthday???
Well...
If everything works age wise like we're anticipating...
We picked Grandma Sadie's birthday for Svanna's birthday! It also is kinda fun because her husband, Grandpa Clarence, already shares a birthday with Tye. We think Svanna is probably seven years old.
So...Happy Birthday, Svanna!!
We, along with our friends, took video and pictures, and enjoyed a DQ cake.







1 comment:
I think February is a wonderful time to have a birthday... especially since my bday is in Feb and our Ellie's is too! Looks like y'all enjoyed celebrating and I bet I know what y'all wished for when you blew out the candles :-)
Post a Comment