Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Three Days...Really?!?!

In my mind I often associate adoption with being pregnant and giving birth.

We've had the incredible blessing of being able to add children to our family both ways.

Right now I'm reminded of when I was in the "home stretch" of pregnancy. I remember thinking...I've had 9 months to prepare and I'm not ready! And yet...It's time for this baby to come out...NOW!

I wouldn't put off getting our kids one single day. Not one. Let's go. Let's get them. Let's bring them home. But also...I've had 8 months to prepare and I'm not ready! I've still got a fairly long list of things that need to be done.

I'm blessed with wonderful, awesome friends who have been of great help. For example, on my "want to get done" list was some painting. I figure with 7 kids it may be another 10 years (may be a slight exageration) before I get to it again. But I was dealing with the fact that I had run out of time. My awesome friend Brenda got together some other wonderful awesome friends and they are going to paint in our house while we're gone! Wow.

I still have to pack...for NINE people. (Brandy will do at least part of his packing, so eight and a half) That NEEDS to be done. And a few other things for the trip. Our two wonderful little guys already at home, Tye and Jaden, will have birthdays soon after we get home. So tomorrow night we're having a birthday party for them. Cuz life goes on even if we have this big event. Laundry still needs to be done. Kids still need to get to their activities. We still need to eat (although it may only be frozen pizza!).

People ask me..."Are you excited?!?"

Yes of course. And no. Right now I'm in shock. It's really here. I'm tired. I'm anxious to get there and get back home. I have a lot to do.

Again. Like a birth.

Is a nine month pregnant woman excited? Maybe...maybe not. I can't say I was excited. I was really tired. I was anxious. I was nesting. And I was ready for that baby to be OUT and in my arms.

I'm ready for my kids to be in my arms. Let's get this show on the road!

I want to get on that plane. I want to get to go to E. I want to experience E (yes, I was one of those natural birth women). I want to take my kids home. I want to get through the sleepless nights and figuring out how to read each other's language. And I want to love them with all my heart...

...in person.

3 comments:

the Crists said...

We are excited to see your family come together as one!! We will be praying for your journey. Just think, the kids are probably wondering too, what life will bring ...

God Bless,
Tina

Steph said...

Praying for strength, and a peace that passes understanding!

janelle said...

All of you have been in our prayers and will continue to be.

I pray that God blesses you for your honesty here - sometimes it's so hard to do that but God knows your heart and he knows the reason for the hesitations. More than anything, he knows that you have listened to him and are following his lead.

Be blessed my friend, cousin and sister-in-Christ.

Much love to all.
Now get packing!