Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Two Days!

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and acts of kindness!!

I am a bit more excited today. Some things got done (no, I haven't packed YET!), and that helps. I'm hopefully home all day tomorrow, so I can get to it then. First I have to catch up on Mt Washmore. It's pretty bad when your 6 yr old, Tye, said something to the effect of:

"Mom, what's up with the laundry?" (after he's had to get his ONLY clean long sleeved shirt out of the clean laundry basket, along with a clean pair of undies)

"I've had a lot of other things to do, honey."

"Well, maybe you should do laundry before all those other things."

Ha! My sis-in-law told me it's funny when a 6 year old says it, but not when her teenager says it. Ah, yes, those will be the days.

Anyway, I started getting more excited as the day wore on, even though I almost never sat down. I just can't wait to get on that plane! I think I breathe a sigh of relief as I sit down in that little seat. Ahhhh....

Tonight we had a birthday party for Tye (almost 6) and Jaden (almost 3) at the Pizza Ranch. Their birthdays are April 12th and 16th, so I thought we should get them in before we left. They had a great time! I'd show you pics but I probably should get back to that mountain.

Thanks again, everyone!

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I am so excited for you!! I haven't been checking in like I should so I had no idea you were about to leave!!! I can't wait to see your new blessings! Good luck with the laundry!

WKen said...

At about age 13, my older brother made a comment like that to my mother about laundry. "Mom, why isn't my [whatever kind] shirt clean? I wore it last week!"

That is well known in my family as the beginning of the year that he did his own laundry, to teach him the amount of work involved.

JulieM said...

I have been thinking of you and praying for you. Two weeks ago at MOPS we had a speaker who adopted a 5 year old from E. She had an amazing testimony of their experience and I cried through the whole thing. I thought of you often during her talk ... I am so excited to see how God blesses your 3 new precious children and also you, your husband and kids. Have a great day!! Good luck with the mountain!

Heather said...

Carey, the time has almost come! We are praying for you -- ALL 9 of you!! :)