Where to begin?
Ok, there have been many things I've wanted to post about, but to be honest, I've just been too tired to do it! So now, where do I begin?
I know you would like to hear about our trip, and believe me, I'll get there. Most days in Ethiopia I journaled via Word, so it shouldn't be too hard. It drove me a little batty not having internet. Twice we had it. Twice I posted a short note and as I went to publish it to the blog we lost the connection. Ah, well. Wasn't meant to be. Maybe it was good for me to have a break from my addiction. =)
Right now I'm feeling pretty well. Halfway "normal" even. Usually about this time of night I could fall asleep sitting up. Which, if you know me at all is pretty abnormal. I'm a night person.
I hit a wall jet-lag wise today. I was beyond tired for a while. So I'm hoping I broke through it and now I'm on the up-and-up.
Once again I have to make the pregnancy/delivery/newborn connection. In some ways I feel like I just had a baby. Not as bad. But at times. Like today when I hit that brick wall. Then later on...I took a short nap, took a shower, put on some makeup (woo hoo!), and actually DROVE Bob for the first time in like 2 weeks. Going down the road I about felt like my old self. You know, like when your newborn for the first time slept 5 hours in a row. You feel like a new person...for a couple hours and then...you can feel it slipping away. That's how I felt this afternoon. But now I'm doing better again.
But 'nuff about me. The kids are doing really well. Like I've told quite a few people, I'm open to the possiblity that we are in the honeymoon stage. That the hard part is still to come. And I'm ok with that. Well, in theory. In reality...I'd rather stay in the honeymoon stage. But if they need to go through a stronger grieving process, I want them too. I don't want them to hold it in.
I think Summer already is dealing with the loss via tanturms. Her tantrums are getting less frequent tho. Which is good. Cuz you want (and sometimes I do as I hold her or lay by her) to put in ear plugs so you don't lose your hearing. Yesterday she didn't have one at all. Today only one. She is three after all (we think).
The kids are really amazing. All seven kids are doing well. Wow, did I just say we have seven kids? =)






2 comments:
Hey, you know Honeymoons can last quite a while....28 years for Weatherman and I on Saturday!!! Keep drinking those energy drinks!
Love you to pieces!!
Thanks for sharing. I have been hanging on every picture and word from you all that just got home with your kids. I pray for you all daily.
Post a Comment