It's Thursday
Hey all! Sorry to leave you with "monday's" post for a couple of days and not let you know that yesterday and today have been going much better.
The sun is shining! That's such a gift!
I read a post on someone else's blog the other day with a devotional about "being still." Ahhh....
It really hit home. It talked about not being where you wanted to be in your life, knowing that God was there--yet not knowing what His plan was in your circumstances.
Sounded vaguely familiar.
Lying in my bed is not where I want to be at the moment. But God is asking me to "be still, and know that HE is God."
I don't know what His plan is for this particular phase in my life. But truthfully, I don't ever know. Obviously life can change at any moment.
And I am blessed beyond measure!!!! I am in awe of how God provides for me and for my family. How He timed this. Yes, I'm sad that I won't be able to do all those summer things I wanted to do. No, I don't know how the summer is going to fit together. BUT...Brandy is done planting. Still busy, but not as bad. School's out, so there's no homework to deal with, and Shi and Sierra are around to help and entertain. Kaitlin, my niece, just graduated from high school Sunday and her job (thanks, Grandpa!) is willing to let her help us for as long as we need her. I was more physically fit than I have been before. We are now able to go places with Svanna, Gabe and Summer, so we're more mobile and more able to accept help from people.
Aside from timing...our church family and friends are AMAZING. I have meals brought in every day this past week and all next week. Friends continue to call and ask what they can do. Friends and family have helped with dance schedules, laundry, food, cleaning, grocery shopping, picking up comfy clothes for me, etc. Oh, and don't even get me started on all the prayers out there for us. Ball officially starts next week and I'm not worried about it. Even tho I don't know when I'll be able to drive. Now the dance recital does have me pausing with concern...but that will come together, too. It already is.
Yes, if I think about the entire summer...I get teary eyed.
But thinking about today...today is good. Pain is managed. I'm still really tired, but not totally exhausted. I'm relaxed. I'm content. And I'm provided for. Even though I've been in bed all day. I'm getting more alert. My kiddos come in and give me hugs. Kaitlin is doing a wonderful job. My hubby came home for lunch and I got a hug (and a kiss!) from him too.
God desires for me to "be still." I wanted that before this happened. This is not how I pictured it, hence the moments of frustration. Yet...
Today is a good day.
Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. !!!!!
Psalm 103:1 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name !!!!






3 comments:
Thanks for the update! Been praying for you here. I'm so glad for all the help from your friends and family. God is good!
It was awesome to see you the other day--you my friend are a blessing to me.
Carey, what a good "place" to be. Praying that as you are "being still" God continues to provide for all your needs. Needs, of course, which include spiritual!
Love you.
Post a Comment