A Little More Pain, a Lot More Brain
Ok, just thought you'd like to "get the picture"...

This was me, earlier today. Where I've been camped out most of today and yesterday, with brief visits to the couch. Foot/lower leg in a boot, resting on pillows. Bed rest is the name of the game. Our kiddos brought me a kitten to hold (from outside) as a distraction. It's now back outside. If you know me, you know I'm NOT a cat person, but who can resist a cute little kitten?
Here is my arsenal...or part of it, anyway. Kleenex...LAPTOP (thank you Lord! I can stay connected!) art from my kids, cards from my kids, land line, cell phone and there are various stuffed animals given to me by my kids that you can't quite see on the pillow...very necessary for recovery I'm told. Oh and that air thing I'm supposed to breathe deeply in every once in a while so I don't get pneumonia (from being under anesthetic). That's on my left side. On my right side is my clock, hand sanitizer (much easier than washing hands with crutches), my water, and of course, my crutches. Get the picture? This is where I am right now, except not on Facebook, as above, instead on Blogger. Typing my ramblings from me to you. Last night went MUCH better than the night before. Brandy and I both slept much better. His sleep, is of course, contingent on my sleep. Woke up feeling really pretty good. But it didn't take long and I was feeling not good at all. Lightheaded, dizzy, sick to my stomach, and extremely tired. So I went back to sleep.
I, of course, also had the itchies from the pain meds, and drum roll pleeeeeeease, another lovely side effect of, ahem, being stopped up. So have been taking some softeners for that.
For a week or so had been planning on a low key park picnic for Memorial Day with some friends. Well, the way I was feeling and since I really shouldn't be out (even tho Stacy and Rich brought me a lovely lounge chair) the kids had a picnic in our backyard. I slept in bed some more and some more. At times Stacy visited with me in my bedroom. Another slumber party perhaps? (smile) But at one point I was so tired that it felt like I had to think in order to breathe.
An I had this incredible fog on my brain...I had to really think to even know what day it was.
Hmmm...we decided I was maybe getting to much pain meds in my system. Ah-ha.
So, I didn't take my noon dose. My idea had been to keep on top of it. It's important to stay ahead of the pain.
But I decided...a lot more brain was worth a little more pain...and that's what I got!
I'm still a little fuzzy. I took 1/2 of my noon dose around 4 pm. And just now again I took another 1/2 dose cuz...uhmmm...yes...it's starting to hurt. And swell because I thought I could tripod it with my crutches and pause for a couple of minutes to view all the food in my kitchen. And well, close your ears/eyes because TMI (too much information), the softeners are working too well when combined with milk of magnesia and so I've been making more trips to the potty room. And now we've started a little of something else to combat that. Hopefully by tomorrow all will be normal in that department! LOL!
Anyway, kids are doing well. They had fun playing with friends today. Last night Brandy picked up Tye and Jaden from our friends (they stayed there 2 nights) so it was good to see them again. I'm feeling a bit unsure of my place right now. But Brandy assures me I'm right where I'm supposed to be, on the bed, foot up. I'm pretty relaxed, although that could diminish once my brain is fully functioning. So prayers for peace about not being with my kids more are much appreciated.
Anyway, kids are doing well. They had fun playing with friends today. Last night Brandy picked up Tye and Jaden from our friends (they stayed there 2 nights) so it was good to see them again. I'm feeling a bit unsure of my place right now. But Brandy assures me I'm right where I'm supposed to be, on the bed, foot up. I'm pretty relaxed, although that could diminish once my brain is fully functioning. So prayers for peace about not being with my kids more are much appreciated.
People have been so wonderful!! Christian community is some awesome. If there's one thing I've already learned from this is that. Wow. If it rains tonight, Brandy is taking the day off tomorrow. If not, my niece, Kaitlin, is coming over to "run the household of kiddos" while I stay in bed. Hopefully next week I'll be able to commendere it myself via crutches.
Had to leave you with a couple of cute pics of Sierra and Svanna and one of the kittens...and I'm off to sleep.







4 comments:
Whoa, girl! I've obviously not been very good about checking in on others lately! Juliann told me your news. I'm praying for you. And I'm glad you've got sweet kids and sweet friends coming to your aid with sweet gifts of love and grace. (Even the meow-ing kind.)
I LOVE SVANNA, and still remember how much she hates ketchup!! LOLOL
Praying for peace Carey! And that all goes well until everything is back to normal - which is your case is probably a different kind of crazy! Praying fervently that your foot heals miraculously fast!
Until then, enjoy the time "off."
You've been on my heart & mind!! Praying for you: patience, peace, rest, and more patience!
Post a Comment