Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Good Sunday

Hmmm...I love Sundays...well, most of the time anyway. Today was a good day. We took Jaden to church for the first time. It was a little rough. He seems to be adjusting very well when we're home, but not as good when we're out and about. Brandy took him out of church fairly soon, and, being he's 16 months I wasn't surprised (we're not putting him in the nursery but staying out with him), but afterwards during "coffee and juice" he was quite fussy as well. Don't know what's going on in that little head of his...


Tye had a hard time at church, too. He was unusually clingy and a little weepy. It makes me wonder if going to church with Jaden made having a little brother--and being a little displaced as the baby of the family--hit a little more. He's used to having daycare kids around...but we never take them to church! He was also saying he couldn't do things he's always done...like get up on the bar stools. We're gonna have to give him a little extra lovin for the next while. Thankfully Jaden's been doing super when we're home, and will play by himself for periods of time, so I can give Tye more attention when the girls are in school.


After church, for some reason Brandy and I were just wiped. Still adjusting, too, I suppose. The older 3 were playing really nice in Sierra's room, and Jaden was playing in the LR, so we crashed on the couch. Dozing in and out. Well, at least I was. I think I heard Brandy snoring! Well, I must have slept a little harder for a bit, because this is what I woke up to...

He is getting around so well that he's getting into things! Too cute. Brandy said, you'll want to post this on the blog and he went to get the camera! LOL! Brandy also said, "no loss" when I told him it was Grape Nuts on the floor. Ha!
Last night we got a sitter for the older munchkins and took Jaden with us to Sioux City to shop for Shianne's birthday present (Aug 29) and a few hundred other things. He was cranky for a while, but did super over all. He did great at the restaurant. It's amazing though how he gets around now! No more sitting still!

Tonight we decided to take advantage of the cooler weather and we went to a State Park just a few miles down the road from us. We went for a walk, ate some Subway on a picnic table, and went down one trail...that's about all this mom could do with Jaden in the Ergo! Ah, well, I surely needed the exercise. I haven't exercised since before we left for China and I'm starting to feel the effects! Time to get back in the groove...

2 comments:

Sara said...

How cute! Praying that Tye will adjust well to not being the "baby" anymore!

Denise said...

Jaden is so cute!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for doing the TAG challenge. I finally feel as if I am part of the blogging community!

Your blog is very inspirational to me, being a child of the King myself...God bless~