Settling In
Things are going much better. I'm crossing my fingers and praying that Jaden's fever is gone for good. He went 24 hours without it yesterday. This morning I thought he felt a little warm (ugh!!) but later on I didn't think so, so I'm hoping it was my overactive imagination! Shianne had a low grade yet early evening, so I kept her home this morning. But she was fever free and acting like she was ready to take on the world so I took her to school at noon. Tye still has a cough but otherwise he's fever free as well. Yeah! Hopefully we're past this thing.
What a beautiful sunshiney day! It's in the mid-70s here. After a lot of rain lately (it's been raining for days, but were the fortunate ones that haven't had too much and haven't experienced any flooding. Some of our neighboring counties aren't so lucky) we took this opportunity to have a picnic in the park. The boys and I (can I just say, I love saying "the boys") picked up Brandy from work and off we went for lunch. It was great. I wish I'd thought to bring my camera to capture Jaden's first time at the park, cuz he loved it. He even loved the swings. And now he's tuckered out and taking what I hope is a good nap.
A couple of nights ago I had steaks thawed out to grill for supper. Brandy came home and for some reason didn't want to grill in the rain (I don't know why? LOL!). Well, when a wife has it in her mind her husband is cookin', it's hard for her to figure something else out. So he went to town for pizza. The kids wanted a movie night to go with it. They like it when we spread a blanket on the floor and have a "carpet picnic" and a movie. Up until this point, Jaden had pretty much ignored the tv (which is good), but this was just too cute.






2 comments:
I just found your blog from a friends comment section. We are also using AWAA...love your story and Jaden is adorable. We have 4 boys and are DTC 7/13/07. We are on the interested family list and are hoping to get our little girl in the next year or 2. Thanks for the inspiration!
What a great idea! We will have to do that this winter! (: Looks like he is settling right in...
Post a Comment