Friday, September 14, 2007

A Good Day

Ok, you'd be proud of me. I'm sitting here panting...well...not like a dog but still out of breath from exercising. Trying to take care of myself! Actually, I've been on a good upswing the last couple of days. Yeah! So thanks for the prayers! I've had a couple of people think that if I'm posting about depression...I'm must be doing terribly. That's really not the case. I realize I'm kinda putting myself out there by talking about it, but there are so many people that struggle and need to hear about it and know that it's ok. So sometimes you need to put yourself "out there." I can just feel myself falling into it again, and I want to make a point of being more careful so that I don't.


Enjoying my day off today! Went outside today to cover my garden and some flowers. It's supposed to freeze tonight. I'd let them go but it's supposed to be in the 80s next week. So maybe I'll get a few more tomatoes! That was exercise in itself trying to keep the wind from blowing the plastic and sheets away. But then while Jaden was sleeping (Tye was in the combine with Brandy) I also did 10 laps around our circle driveway. Afterwards I took the van around to see how far I'd gone! (Good thing I don't have close neighbors or they'd think I was looney...ok, they might for other reasons...LOL) I thought one lap was for sure a tenth of a mile, but not so. It's a lap and 3/4s. Shoot! When I walk on the road I can go two miles. Of course I'm not exactly in shape after not exercising for 7+ weeks. Guess it's better than a treadmill but not as good as actually going somewhere! Ah well, it was still exercise.

I also halfway canned a few quarts of salsa. I was missing one ingredient! Ok, so the rest of the chopped up veggies can sit in the fridge and get good and comfy together until tomorrow.

Remind me again why we buy toys for our kids? LOL He's too cute!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Just catching up on blogs..sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know that when I am not exercising and eating right, I get the same way. It also tends to be when I have lost touch with God, not praying and reading the Bible as I should. I will be praying for you, the He will lift you up!!

Anonymous said...

Carey,
I know exactly where your at and I have been there. Hold on and you will be fine. Knowing that your headed down the wrong road is half the batte. Wouldn't life be grand without depression. Something to look forward to. Don't feel alone and I am praying for you.
robin

jennifer said...

Glad things are a little better. Thanks for sharing your struggles. Too many times, all you see in someone, are the "rosey" times. We all go through times that aren't great, but God is faithfull.

Isn't it funny how ALL kids love a cardboard box! Too cute.

jennifer said...

BTW, a freeze? We are just hoping to get out of the 90's here! I am ready for some cooler weather.

Miriam said...

Hang in there! And just so you know, our supper the other night with my new "toy" was delicious! Thanks for helping with that!

Sara said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Isn't it disappointing to learn that what you thought was a long way, really wasn't - I guess it is the fact that you did something. I look at it as a good step! Somedays, that is all that we have time for is a little bit! (But every little bit helps!)