Tidbits
Wow, my blogging skills have been slow lately! Actually, I'm going to blame it on bedtime again. Seems I'm a happier mama if I get more sleep. And I usually blog at night. Goin hafta try to change my routine...
Just a few tidbits of what's goin on. Not too much picture worthy, just normal stuff. Thought you'd like a few updates on Jaden...
- He's generally a good sleeper, no more getting up at night! He's happier if he sleeps till 8am, so if Brandy's still home and he wakes up at 7ish, he goes in and pats him on the back and he goes back to sleep (if Mama goes in, he wants to get up!).
- He's growing! Weighing him with different scales makes it tough, but we think he's gained at least a couple pounds since his last check up, and grown vertically as well.
- He's losing his newborn looking legs...they are getting muscular. His bottom may have grown a tiny bit...but it's still pretty tiny! Gotta get those pants with the elastic in 'em. The only place I've found them in his size are at GAP. Thank goodness for sales!
- Absolutely no more drinking problems. He LOVES Pediasure Nutripals and sometimes will drink 4 a day. He's also starting to put up with juice, and he likes water sometimes, too.
- Fruits were downright icky at first, but he's coming around. Grapes are a favorite. Bananas work if he's "in the mood."
- He runs all over the place!
- He LOVES his squeaky shoes. His face lights up when we get them out. I only get them out for outside play, however!
- He's becoming a typical toddler...twice the other day when I called to him (at the library and at the park)...he gave me a grin and ran the other way!
- He also spent a whole nap time just babbling. What a kiddo.
Other things going on? Well, I finally cleaned out our hot tub and got it running. It's outside, and we shut it down for the summer. We don't enjoy sitting in it in hot humid weather! Yesterday I sat in it for the first time. And it was a good thing. Not only did it feel wonderful, but a couple hours later I fell on the stairs. Yikes! I think it helped that I was so relaxed. I'm ok, except my neck's a little tender (I have a bad neck from a history of whiplash) and I have a HUGE bruise on my buns. TMI, I know. :] Good thing I've been snacking on all that Halloween candy lately so I have more padding! LOL
Oh, and Nemo cries because she doesn't like to be cooped up, she likes to roam. But don't feel bad for her, she's figured out how to get out. We have 9 ft ceiling in the basement. Our basement is only partially finished. The room she's in (Brandy's hobby room with no carpet) has walls but no false ceiling. The walls are 8 ft. Somehow she scales the walls and gets out. Yeah. A few days ago I found her in the bread drawer...eating a loaf of bread through the plastic. Have I mentioned I'm a dog person? :~]
One other point of interest. The dogs are finally inside their new kennels. It's not done yet, but done enough. There are things that still should be done before they have pups, and one is looking awfully big, so it could be soon. But at least she'll have them inside. I wanted to give them baths before they went in. It was 60 degrees yesterday, so Brandy and I gave all 5 of the Boxers baths with a hose. It was almost fun. Still work, which we should NOT do on a Sunday, but we had a little fun with the hose as well. Can you picture it??? Wish I would have gotten Shi to take a picture!
I think I'll get up now...my bum hurts! LOL






4 comments:
Hot tub...hmmmm...I could stand a piece of THAT action! Hope your bum is feeling better...and lay off the candy, would you?
Love ya!
Miriam
I love to hear about your dogs - it's hilarious, especially the story when the pups were born last year! Thanks for sharing! Jaden is really growing - All the love he is getting - who says that you can't see love grow?
Hey - thanks for sharing. As for pants for kids with little or no bottom - Gap, Children's Place, and ON all have adjustable waist. (I should know)
The hot tub sounds nice - we should get together some evening after the guys are done harvesting and working on the dog kennels.
Hey - thanks for sharing. As for pants for kids with little or no bottom - Gap, Children's Place, and ON all have adjustable waist. (I should know)
The hot tub sounds nice - we should get together some evening after the guys are done harvesting and working on the dog kennels.
Post a Comment