Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow & Ice


The snow and ice we received Saturday left things very beautiful. I was reminded of how only God can decorate like that. Even the fence lines and the electrical wires had these symmetrical little icicles hanging from them...beautiful.

The not so nice thing about ice is the danger and inconvenience it brings. Thankfully by sometime on Sunday most of the roads were clear thanks to the salt/sand mixture. Yesterday the weather got to a melting temperature and helped to take care of a lot. However, some of the snow then melted and turned to ice on top of snow for today. I recognized this fact as I slid down our driveway to take care of the puppies this morning.

My darling hubby left today and won't be back until Sunday night (hence there will be lots of sliding down the driveway). Where is he? Prison. Yep, he's in prison and I'm very proud of him. What is he doing in prison? Prison ministry. It's called Brothers in Blue. He's bringing the love of Christ to inmates. The Lord be praised and be glorified. Please pray for him, the other men working, and of course, the inmates...that they might know the breadth and depth of God's love for them.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

That is so beautiful!

Sara said...

I have to agree it is very beautiful. Hopefully we don' get too much snow before Brandy is back!

Karen said...

Gorgeous!