Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Heart Happenings

Ok, needing to share some things on my heart. And, yes, you guessed it, hubby is sleeping on the couch, so I'm sharing with you!

Speaking of hubby, he's in pain and is therefore, extra tired. His back is still bothering him, with shooting pain down his leg. He went to Dr today to try plan #2, because PT isn't working. I'm a big believer in PT (it helped me tremendously), and was surprised they were giving up on that. Brandy explained not so much giving up...it's definitely an option later, but before they can work on strengthening, they need to get the swelling down, which PT isn't seeming to help (sigh). So they are scheduling an MRI. Overall he has been doing better, just not better. Then today he caught the kneecap of his "bad" leg under the door of the semi. Ouuuucccch! He said it was worse than hitting his funny bone. That seems to have set him back quite a bit in the pain department today. So sorry, hon! So, before I go to bed I'd better do my best to get him to the bed so he doesn't wake up stiff from the couch.

You are looking at the new PTA vice secretary. Not a position I was vying for, have to say I voted against myself! But there are worse jobs, and I don't think this will be too bad. The meeting went well and was very informative. So, I'm glad I went. We also talked about Moms In Touch...which I had heard of but didn't know what it was. It's Moms who pray for their kids and their kids' school. I'd like to look into it more. Not that I don't already pray for them! But this is about getting together with other moms to pray.

Ok, on to bigger heart happenings. You may have wondered what my heart is thinking with Denisha and Brittany. Without getting into too much detail lets just say God has placed them heavy on my heart. So much so that I really wondered if He wanted us to consider adopting them...even tho they are not eligible for adoption at this time.

Now yes, "reason" says having 6 kids under the age of 9 is a HUGE undertaking. One that would greatly affect all of us, including our kids. But I've come to realize that if God leads you to it, He'll bring you through it, with great reward and blessings. Brandy, too, has been very open to the idea.

Still, I wasn't sure what God's plan was/is, and I was trying to be patient about not knowing. Knowing only that it could be years before I knew what His plan was (if then). And knowing that He could just be laying it on our hearts to pray for them, which we are, and I still ask of you as well. My heart aches for these precious little girls.

With Brandy's blessing I got an email sent to the director of the orphanage. I just heard back from her. The girls are not adoptable and will not be. If I understand right, not only does their father refuse to relinquish his rights (their mother passed away), but if he ever did, they have 4 wonderful extended family members who want to adopt them. Again...if I understand right, that's part of the reason he won't give up his rights. He doesn't want them but doesn't want them to have them either. So there they sit. As far as orphanages go, Robin's Nest is wonderful. But it's still an orphanage.

And so my heart is heavy. I write this with tears brimming in my eyes. I'm not sure how to express my feelings. Are we ready to adopt again? Probably not. But if God said it was time again, I was ready to make these two girls my own. They already have a tiny corner of my heart.

So what is God asking of me? My only answer right now is to pray for them. And I ask the same of you.

And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8b (NIV)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Praying for you guys!

Jinglebritches said...

Hey Honey Bun!!

It CAN sometimes be very difficult to understand God's ways. But now YOU are praying for these sweet girls and so are we. And so will MANY others. Thank you for giving us that opportunity. It helps so much to have little faces to go with the prayers. The father may say never but THE FATHER doesnt.

Love you to pieces!!

Hug your hubby (gentley)

Barb P. said...

Thanks so much for Sharing this with us! We will be praying for the girls and for your family! It is so hard when you "think" they may be yours...and then are left wondering...what if...all the best!

Karen said...

I'm praying and you are in my thoughts and prayers too. I have experienced the same kind of sadness....heart aches of this kind aren't easy. I've asked myself the same questions. God knows the big picture.