Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quick Catch Up

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in so long. Things have been kinda crazy here. Here's a quick update. I'll try to post some pictures later...

Brandy...is doing VERY well. Even though he's unable to do much, he feels quite good and is being a very good patient! He's getting a little tired of staying home, but has been a really good sport, even with the daycare kids here.

The Lowe Concert...is over! Yeah!! It went very well and was a successful fundraiser for our school. Being on the committee is a LOT of work and so glad it's done. However, this afternoon we have a meeting to discuss next year. But it shouldn't get too intense until the beginning of 2009.

Tye's birthday...Tye had a great birthday. We celebrated with a Thomas the Train birthday last Thursday night at the local pizza place with family, and with our immediate family Saturday night. Lots of fun!

Jaden's birthday...is tomorrow? Can you believe it?? Wow!

New Computer...should be an exciting thing. However we've had issues with our one week old PC that have driven me crazy. After Brandy spent hours on the phone trying to figure it out, and they couldn't, I figured it out. Sheesh. Should I get the big bucks? Not. Hoping now I can set it all up and enjoy my faster computer. Computer issues drive me crazy!

Ugh! Ok, so now it's really 9:30ish that I'm typing this. I typed the above and the electricity flickered, probably due to the CRAZY WIND we had today and my computer went off. Thankfully the above was saved. So where was I this afternoon...?

How about we go back to Jaden's birthday? We had a party for him tonight with family at the local pizza place. A Cars themed party of course cuz that's his favorite thing/word right now..."cahzz." Too cute! It went well. If I can manage it I'll post some video. Tomorrow night we're going out with the same friends we celebrate Jaden's 1st birthday with last year, shortly after we got his referral, at the same Chinese place. Only this year he'll get to attend! Yeah!

Puppies...the puppies are doing great. "Hunter," the boxer, is doing so well, its fun to see. The shih tzus are cuter than ever and so fun to play with. My only complaint is pee. Oh, and poop. Trying to potty train 4 6 week old puppies and a 3 week old is quite something. We keep them in the laundry room with linoleum so it's easy to clean up. However try to imagine the amount 5 puppies make. We have a bed for them to sleep in and another box type thing for them to "go" in. I'd say they hit the "potty box" not quite 1/2 the time. So early this morning for some reason a couple of them were really whining, and the laundry room is right by our bedroom (they're weaned so Shelby isn't in there anymore, we just take Hunter out once in while to nurse). I step in there with my bare feet and the whole floor is wet. They must have had a pee party IMHO and then ran around everywhere in it. Imagine me standing there trying to figure out how to clean my feet without stepping in any other rooms and spreading it! I decided God made puppies cute for a reason! LOL Now, before you think, I'm never getting a puppy, remember these pups are still pretty little. Kinda like training a 18 month old child. I'm just trying to manage 5 pups and help their new families get a head start. OH! That reminds me! Two are sold. One's going to New York and the other to the Chicago area. I've really enjoyed talking to their new families. They're very excited.

Garage Sale...I'm joining in on my friends' garage sale this weekend. Normally not the put-stuff-on-garage-sale type, but they are known for great garage sales and get tons of people, so it's usually worth it.

Tomorrow...This is the tenative schedule...

9:00 Take shih tzus to school for show and tell...
9:30 drop shih tzus off back home (school is 11 miles away)...price a few more items and pack a few more items...
11:00 drive to friends (23 miles away) to set up stuff...come home...
3:00 pick Sierra up from school (11 miles) for dance (15 miles away)...
4:30 go to another town (8 miles away) while she's in dance to get a preview of my other friends garage sale cuz she has stuff that would fit Tye...
5:30 pick up Sierra...go to another town for supper with friends (8 miles)...meanwhile...Brandy picks up Shianne from Gems and meets us in aforementioned town (23 miles). WHEW! My van should looked lived in by the time I'm done!

Ok, this wasn't a quick catch up. I'm impressed if you made it all the way through. All of this post to explain why I haven't had time to post! Ha! :) Have a good night!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday, Jaden!!! Have a good day today - Road Mama! AKA Carey!

Miriam said...

Happy Birthday, Jaden! Your first USA birthday! Can you hold up two fingers to show how old you are? Yay for you!