Surgery Scheduled
Well, Brandy is scheduled for back surgery next Tuesday, April 8th, at 10 am. Please be in prayer for him and for wisdom for the doctors!
I'm a bit on edge today because of it. I do think he's doing the right thing. He's prayed about it a lot and has peace about it. I have been and do as well. I'm beginning to think I know a little what Brandy feels when I deliver, and why he doesn't like it! It's not a fun feeling to know your spouse is going under the knife, so to speak. But God is faithful, and I believe the more I pray and read His Word, the more I'll be able to leave it all at His feet.
One of his disks in his spine is bulging out and putting pressure on his spinal cord. This is, of course, what has caused him pain and also that not so wonderful tingling sensation. They are gong to remove part of this disk. As I understand it from him, he'll need to take it very "easy" for a couple of weeks, although walking is encouraged to help the healing process. After that, he should be able to sit in the tractor and plant. Although for six weeks he can't lift over 15 lbs. So he's going to need someone to help him in the field with filling the planter. This also means he won't be able to pick up Jaden. We'll find out more details after the surgery I'm sure.
It's our church auction tonight, which is always lots of fun, even if we (I) do spend too much moolah! It's always easier to spend money when it's going for a good cause. We got our favorite sitter to watch the kids. Our kids favorite sitter, too! So they're excited. They're not even complaining about cleaning their rooms cuz Ali is coming over. LOL This will be the first time she's taken care of the kids since we've had Jaden. The first time Jaden has been with anyone other than Grandparents or short times with our friends. But I trust Ali, and he'll be with his bro and sis's so I'm sure he'll be fine. All this to say, Brandy and I will get a little alone time, at least in the van, so I'm looking forward to that! And we can come home with kiddos tucked into bed, and the house probably cleaner than when I left. :) Sounds wonderful and a nice distraction!






1 comment:
We'll be praying that Brandy's surgery goes well and for you that you are not too anxious and worried. Hope this will relieve his back pain.
Post a Comment