Surgery Today
Praise the Lord! Brandy's surgery went very well. He had a tough morning/ride to the hospital. He wasn't able to take any medication and was in pain. At the hospital they asked him on a 1-10 scale what his pain level was. It was an 8.
He got into surgery on time and the surgery took about an hour. Afterwards the surgeon came to talk to me. He said it went very well. That the disk was obviously bulging and putting pressure on his spinal cord/nerve. He felt that the surgery was successful and should help the pain.
After he came out of recovery I was allowed to be with him. He was so happy! Now, yes, some of that was coming out of anesthesia, but he was amazed at the fact that his leg and hip no longer hurt. He was smiling from ear to ear! I got lots of kisses and was told I was beautiful many times. What a sweet man, huh? Even after he came completely out of anesthesia he was amazed at his pain level (now described at a 1) and was still very happy (and still thought I was beautiful :), although didn't mention it as often).
Now the recovery. Please pray that he has the strength/patience to do what the doctors tell him to. I have a feeling the hardest part of surgery is yet to come. At this time he is not allowed to lift more than a pop can. For a couple of days he is to lay or stand, with very little sitting. He isn't allowed to lift much at all for the next 6 weeks. The nurse said the problem comes because you feel better, so it's easy to overdue it. At one point the dr said he shouldn't go to work at all for 2 weeks, but then said he could go in and do some computer work before that.
Tomorrow could be a tough day recovering from the effects of surgery. Thankfully, I have the day off so the house won't be too crazy.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers! They were felt today. What an enormous blessing that his pain is gone!!! Amen and Amen!






8 comments:
Praise God that the surgery went well! We will continue to keep the recovery in prayer - as it will be an adjustment on your whole family.
Praising God with you!
Tell that big guy he had better do what the Dr says or i will send Zoe down to sit on him!!!! Seriously though....We praise God for the good outcome of the surgery. And we continue to pray for Brandy (and You) to have faith and patience in the weeks to come.
Love you to pieces
Thank God. I am happy things went well. We will keep praying.
Karen Whitt
Glad to hear things went well. Hope the next few days go well for all of you!
Glad to hear the surgery went well - and all I'll say is this: I'm glad that I'm not the one that has to "remind" Brandy of what he is and isn't supposed to do. Clint has been working in your area lately and will be for a while yet so give him a hollar if you need some muscle... hopefully, Brandy will understand that you are trying to help him! Praying that the healing happens quickly and that the result is "no pain." Keep us posted!
Love you guys!
Janelle - for the fam
Hang in there! Remember that Mark is "on call" for y'all, too!
I'm so glad the surgery went well. Keeping him down for a while will definitely be hard, but he won't want to go back to that kind of pain.
I am so excited about your auction win! We have our school auction Sat, so I am hoping to come home with some cool stuff!!
Post a Comment