Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Whining but Thankful

Ok, the day started off wonderfully and ended bleck, if that's a word.

Have you ever had a crazy couple of weeks and then something else happens and it's the last straw?! Of course you have. Everyone has. The past two weeks have been mine.

Brandy's surgery and recovery. Three birthday parties for my boys. The home stretch of the school concert/fundraiser. Rummage sale. Having 5 puppies (can we say "poopies") in my laundry room. Trying to sell such said poopies online and with phone calls. Trying to figure out how to sell a puppy overseas. Daycare. Laundry in "poopy" laundry room. VERY behind in laundry because of laundry room mess even though I'm constantly trying to keep it clean. Trying to potty train 5 puppies. Cleaning up vomit in the middle of the night launched from a loft bed. Busy every night this week. On and on and on...

Tonight the last straw. After a wonderful start to the day with Moms In Touch--I would recommend starting every day with an hour of prayer, it was wonderful--the day kinda went downhill. But not too bad until tonight. I'm trying to put groceries away, feed a late supper to the kids after dance, help with homework and showers. Brandy calls. He's still at work, putting in almost a 12 hour day his 3rd day back (to which his nagging wife had/has issues, but he seems to be doing well). He asks me if we remembered to get a health certificate for the puppy we are flying out tomorrow morning on the 7 am flight. Oh, @$#!. Somehow that slipped my mind and his. You can't fly a puppy without one. So we call the vet on call for the evening and basically fly to the office. Kinda like going to the ER for a puppy. Whew, but we're getting it done. The weather supposed to be great for flying tomorrow (can't be over 75 degrees to ship a shih tzu on most airlines), it'll be good. We're taking a friend's puppy to the airport at the same time.

Brandy calls on the way home from the vet. How are you doing? I ask. I'm good, he says. However the puppy didn't get his health certificate. He has a hernia and needs minor surgery before he can fly. UGH. Last straw. Come home, check the other pups, the female we think looks good (good, cuz she's getting picked up tomorrow) but the other two male shih tzus also may have hernias. They are so "fluffy" we didn't notice. UGH! Double UGH! Ok, this isn't such a big deal. It is a minor surgery and it won't affect their future health. But now we have to sell them with this disclosure of course. And I had to call the sweet gal who's waiting for her puppy to come tomorrow, and taking the day off work and everything. Yes, she still wants him, but sounds like she's going to cry. I'm so sorry! Not that it's my fault. But I'd like to cry, too.

Ok. Done whining. Called a couple of friends and whined for a while. Poor me poor me. Now it's time to say why I'm so incredibly blessed and thankful. Let's review.

  • Brandy's surgery was a great success. His pain is almost all gone. His recovery is going very well. What a blessing from God!
  • We have awesome, wonderful, healthy children. Two of which had birthdays. What a gift and blessing to have them in our lives for another year.
  • What a blessing to be able to celebrate Jaden's birthday with him. Thank you, Lord that our boy is home!
  • The school concert was a success. I'm so thankful for the good school my kids can attend!
  • Rummage sale...I made a bit of moolah and decluttered my house a bit. Win win! Not to mention spending time with my friends while doing it.
  • I've really enjoyed talking to and getting to know people that are buying our puppies. They make me smile and laugh!
  • The puppies, for all their work, are incredibly adorable. There's nothing like watching puppies play to make you relax and enjoy life. I really do enjoy them. And I love that my kids and daycare kids get to enjoy them as well.
  • I have a job I enjoy. I have wonderful daycare families. What a blessing!
  • I've found a way to sell puppies online that is profitable.
  • Puppy "potty training" went well today!
  • The kids have clean underwear and socks to wear tomorrow!
  • Shianne did throw up last week, but we determined she ate something bad from a restaurant and was able to go to school already the next afternoon. No flu! And she could keep her plans to have her friend stay over the next night, which they we're so looking forward to.
  • We are busy every night this week but looks like only one night next week. AND...I get to go to my girlfriend's cabin this weekend for another friend's birthday...overnight!...and scrapbook. How fun will that be?!
  • I have awesome friends whom I love and love me.
  • I am blessed with a wonderful healthy family, a nice home, and a loving God who takes me just as I am, whiny and all. Thank you, Lord!

Nothing like a little thankfulness to take away the whinies! :o)

5 comments:

Jinglebritches said...

Hug

jennifer said...

You're so funny. Hope you're having a good day!

Miriam said...

I know what you mean with the last straw--think it's something like what Job had happen to him? Satan asking God, "okay, can I do this one more thing... how about this one more thing... how about... " You get the idea.
Hang in there, and yippee for you finding the good in it all. I've had to sit down and do that for myself recently, too. Turns out, God is still good! Yay!

Miriam said...

Oh, and can I stow away in your bag to the cabin with you? I'll just sit quietly and knit, though if you don't mind... :0)

Amy said...

I hear ya, there are definately those days...When I'm having one of those, I always try to remember all the blessings. Enjoy your weekend!