Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Gotcha Day!

Today is Jaden's "Gotcha Day"! In other words, one year ago today, August 6th, we were able to hold Jaden for the first time. Although he was in our hearts long before that, he was now in our arms.

It's a mystery...like many things about time. In some ways I'm amazed that it's already been a year. In other ways it seems he's always been with us...were we really in China? Hasn't he been with us since the day he was born?

Here are some pictures of that wonderful day...

    What do I remember about that day?
  • Being so excited and anxious and waiting to hold him...

  • Knowing as soon as they brought him in the building who he was...

  • Waiting, waiting waiting for the nanny to hand him to me. Waiting while she typed out and sent a text message. Trying to be patient but wondering if I could just grab him up...

  • Amazed at the roughness of his skin and coarseness of his hair...

  • He was so quiet and still...

  • So thankful that he went to Brandy when we knew he could be afraid of men (turns out he prefers men!)...

  • peace...

  • wonderment...

  • joy...

  • As was our whole trip, it was HOT...

  • being an official Mamma of a Chinese baby and getting peed on almost right away! :)

  • finding out he was probably a preemie...

  • being warned because of this he could be developmentally behind (not!)...

  • I hope I never forget that awesome first smile...

  • concerned in the interview that we'd say something wrong...

  • loving him to pieces...

Happy Gotcha Day, Jaden John Jian. We love you SO MUCH and thank God for you. For the special child He's created you to be. It is such a privilege to be your Mommy and Daddy.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Wow, it does seem like he's been with you longer...like you said, since he was born! Not just a year...
God is good.

JulieM said...

Happy Gotcha Day!! What sweet memories of your special day! I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Barb P. said...

What an amazing thing it is...to see how much they change so quickly! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!
Hugs

Whitty's Four said...

Time goes by fast. I can not believe it has been a year already.
As the Chinese would say,"what a lucky little boy he is"
I am not so sure about luck, but certainly blessed by God!!
Karen Whitt