Perspective?
I have a very good friend that I haven't talked to in probably half a year. Life has just gotten in the way. She lives 90 miles away. We used to chat probably once a week, but we've both gotten busier with our kids and jobs and now neither of us spend as much time on the phone.
I've got tickets to an event in Lincoln, NE, where my friend grew up, this Saturday. I was very pumped to go. Still am. However Brandy is extremely busy at work. Seems aphids are taking over the bean fields this year in record numbers. It is major crunch time even though usually this time of year is not quite as busy. They are spraying every available minute, morning noon and night. So there's a very strong possibility he can't go. I'm major dissapointed but that's how life goes sometimes.
Well, I don't want to go all that way by myself. Not really safe either, because I get tired when I drive alone to the point of falling asleep at the wheel in college. Also, I'm not sure I want to go without him. So, I thought I'd make a quick call to my friend, Angel, whom I haven't talked with in ages, to see if she could go.
Wow. I didn't know it but she's been struggling with some major health issues. How life can just change in an instant?!? I so feel for her and am praying for her and her hubby and kids.
Where was I this whole time? I miss her and I really wish I could help her and had been there more for her.
So I titled this post "perspective?" with a question mark because I'm not sure that's the right word. It definately reminds me that life can change in an instant and puts things in perspective. Also reminds me I'm not always there for the important things. Maybe "priorities?" would be a better title?
Please join me in prayer for Angel and her family. For healing for her and for wisdom for her doctors. God bless.






No comments:
Post a Comment