Monday, August 11, 2008

Ramsey

Yes, I am a Dave Ramsey fan. For those of you who don't know him, he's a big radio talk show "guy" who talks about finances. He's also on the Fox News Channel and has sold many books. He's a Christian, and holds to God's (and "Grandma's") view of money. In his words, "where debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid of home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice."


I went to a Dave Ramsey Live event on Saturday. Wanted so badly to go with my hubby, but because of work, it didn't happen. So I took my friend Michelle instead. We had a great day! Learned at the event, talked and talked on the long ride there and back, and had a moms day out. Still wish Brandy could have gone, but it was a really good day.

As you can see by the pic, Dave wasn't actually there. So we settled for a poster. Ha!

So now it's time for our Total Money Makeover. First step? Get rid of all the credit cards. Why? Find out for yourself at http://www.daveramsey.com/

No comments: