Borderline...
Ok, It's really 10 am on Saturday, but I'm posting this before the kids names cuz I really want them front and center and my complaining after that. (sigh)
Jaden and I were still cuddling in bed at 8:30 this am. Sierra and Tye come running in to tell me B Dawg is out of his kennel. A little explanation...our kennels are inside and out. They have about a 10x6 area inside the machine shed and a doggie door to go outside to a separate enclosed area that's quite a bit bigger where they can run.
I REALLY would love to rename B Dawg "Hudini," cuz he's a master escape artist. Kennels that NONE of our boxers have ever gotten out of he does.
Last night B Dawg was in with 2 Boxers that we keep together, Missy and Jerico. We can keep the male, Jerico, with anyone, but not 2 females together or they'll fight. I just kept B Dawg there cuz I didn't have the energy to figure out how he got there. Turns out he dug a very large hole to get there. Let's just say he's very social.
Dyna has been tied up in the machine shed, not the enclosed off area of the dog kennels but in the open area, for weeks now. Cuz if B Dawg moves from kennel to kennel and she's able to follow him, she'll start a massive fight with another female.
Thankfully, Molly the mom was not in on any of this morning's action.
Before I could even get dressed they're running in to tell me 2 Boxers, Jerico and Missy, are out as well, running free. Great.
Praise the Lord they are all wonderful, friendly dogs. Well, all of our dogs are but if Dyna or Molly had been out, catching them would be like trying to catch a dragonfly by hand with a speedboat. (where did THAT come from?)
B Dawg went back in easily. I left him in the hallway cuz I didn't want him running right back out. Jerico came up to me and then ran away when he realized where I wanted him to go.
B Dawg had used his "brute strength" to open the gate outside. I didn't know how to fix it, so I hauled by hand three straw bales and stacked them outside the gate so he couldn't push them open again. All the time grumbling to myself, "I'm not a farmer, I'm not a farmer..." To which you're all saying, "Yeah, right." I love the farmers in my life, I'm just personally NOT one.
Missy was happily sitting by Sierra on the front step so I went in search of Jerico. He came right up to me and didn't protest as I put a collar and leash on him. THEN he protested by putting his butt on the ground and planting it there. So I proceeded to drag this 65 lb dog out of the backyard, down the driveway and into the shed. Meanwhile I paused a few times cuz he's just about foaming at the mouth.
What a blessing when we leashed up Missy, Sierra led her right in. I guess that's why we're keeping her.
In the meantime I notice Jerico has hurt his leg and it's bleeding. I was already going to call the vet cuz Molly has some kind of golf ball sized lump on the back of her neck.
So, the vet came. I really like him as a vet, he's very nice and understanding.
Molly probably got an infection at one of her shot sites after we gave her penicillin before. So now she needs penicillin pills. Later next week she may need to have it drained. The pills need to be shoved down her throat. Before I've before made hubby do this instead of sticking my hand in the mouth of a slobbery dog. However...
DID I MENTION BRANDY IS ON HIS WAY TO KANSAS CITY TO A NASCAR RACE?!? (Oh, did I shout that?) Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad he can go and have fun with his friends. He needs that. But I called him and told him he can no longer go outside a 2 mile radius from our house.
Oh, and Jerico's sore is actually a tumor that burst the skin. It doesn't look like cancer but he'll have to have surgery next week to remove it and we'll send it to a lab to make sure.
Yesterday one of my little daycare dollies stripped my favorite plant in the 4 minutes that I was downstairs gathering laundry. Later she ripped a page out of a library book.
The laundry is overflowing. The house is a mess. I have to go get monster pills to shove down a dog's throat. I'm borderline gonna LOSE IT.
Thankfully I called one of Brandy's friends and he's coming over to help shore up the kennels so hopefully Hudini stays put the rest of the weekend.
Ok, time to tackle Mt. Washmore...






2 comments:
Ah, Carrie, your honesty is what makes me like you so much--and I love the names you've chosen for your new additions! Happy Hudini-proofing!
Now I can understand why we didn't see you! :) Thank you for your honesty. Makes me feel as though as I not the only crazy one out there! HaHa! Take care!
Post a Comment