Change
Wow, can't believe I haven't posted for 5 days. Unusual for me lately. Maybe I was waiting to post this post below. Like before when I just "had to write" I wasn't ready to share it with you until I worked through some of it on my own. I'm better now. Mostly. Everyday there are still questions and everyday I still need to hand them over to the Lord (every hour or minute probably more adequately describes it!). Today the concern on my mind is how to arrange the kids bedrooms. Who sleeps with who, etc. I'm considering putting the 2 littlest together in Sierra's room. However, then Jaden should be moved NOW so he gets used to it, and the room Sierra would be moved to isn't built. Ah...hand it over again. So anyway, this is what I wrote 5 days ago...
There's gonna be a lot of change going on around here.
But before I go into the "my life" stuff, I want to crab about Vista. Yes, Windows Vista. Sigh. It's really not so bad. But you pay so much for something it should be better than not-so-bad, don't you think? I downloaded an update to Vista a couple days ago and now my desktop and font size are all messed up. I got them to an acceptable level...but...annoying...not what I like. Waaa, waaa, I know!
On to life changes. I'm a little down tonight. But life is such a God- thing. Such a God-thing. There's gonna be a lot of changes around here, but one at a time, none of them bother me. Well, almost none of them.
New vehicle will have to be on the horizon. What type of vehicle fits 9 people comfortably? Yes, that's what we're trying to figure out as well. I love my van. But, overall, a new to me clumsy vehicle doesn't bother me.
The new vehicle possibly won't fit into our garage. Another hiccup.
My dining room table from my Grandparents as a wedding gift. A little harder. I imagined passing this down to my kids. But it seats 6 people. Thinking for now looking at benches and while the kids are small it might work. Cuz our dining room isn't really big enough for a larger table...I don't think.
Of course, adding a bedroom in the basement. This we were going to do anyway cuz we wanted to adopt again. The idea that all/most of our kids need their own bedroom is now inconceivable. Just cuz it's what modern American culture thinks doesn't mean that's what they need. Funny how ideas change, huh?
Need more plates. Silverware. 9x13 pans. Need to declutter/organize my kitchen so that new stuff fits without having to shove it in there and quick slam the door! LOL Oh, probably should get more towels, washcloths...
Oh, and clothes for the kids. I really don't like to shop (I know, odd for a woman). But I'm going to have to fill an entire wardrobe times three.
Wondering if we need a whole pew reserved for us at church...(smile), ok, maybe not. But we should get there more than a few minutes early so we can all sit together! Early 8:30 church service could prove to be a challenge. =)
We're getting out of the baby boxer business. Which is a good thing. We don't need that stress. But checking on the puppies (whom are doing quite well btw), I had to hug their mama. Cuz I'll actually miss her. Even her annoying habits. We think we've found a home for the adults, which is wonderful. It's someone from our church so we could even go visit sometime if we wanted to. And we know they'll be in good hands. But...it's change. Odd.
I'll probably have to homeschool one of the kids for a while. Homeschooling has always intrigued me. But scares the begeebees out of me.
The hardest one yet. Daycare. I really really hope I can keep doing daycare after the kids come home. I love it. Love the kids. Their parents. The routine. How it makes me a better mom.
I only have 2 families at the moment. But it's a good level for me. I was taking on another family this fall but since the adoption decision I had to turn them down. I felt bad about that. They are a really nice family.
When I told my daycare families about the adoption, they were both very supportive. One supportive "you can do it." The other supportive "have you thought of this and this?" Both which I appreciate very much.
I told them both I didn't know what this meant for the future of "Carey's Playcare." They know I really want to continue. But we don't know what the future holds. I'm taking 2 months off when the kids come home. Also, I'll no longer be open the months of June and July. There's just no way we can do ball and swimming lessons, etc, with a large family plus daycare kids. This time off will be a hardship for them for my daycare families. So will not knowing for sure if they will even have daycare. So I told them that although I want to keep them a long time, if they chose to find other daycare, I would understand.
If it were me, I might look around. I don't like uncertainties (although sometimes God places lots of it in your lap (like now) and you start to get used to it...a little). Well, one of my families, after lots of discussion and prayer, found another daycare. They told me this last week with a very very heavy heart.
I understand. Totally. But I will miss them. A lot. Thankfully they aren't leaving until February or so, so I have some time yet.
Maybe I wasn't clear a few paragraphs before. On the God-thing. Most of these things, besides daycare, individually don't bother me at all. That's a God-thing. Amazing. For example, not that long ago it probably would have drove me nuts to sell my van. Now it's just the thing to do. See what I mean? God has been working on my heart.
But tonight. All these things together. (sigh). Change can be good. But change is hard.
If I ever get around to putting my blog into a book (I'm told there's software that will do that), I don't think I put this post in there. I don't want my kids to think...I don't know...that it was a big sacrifice or something. Yes, it's a sacrifice. Really, it's a sacrifice to have one child. That's the way it works, the way it's supposed to work. Parenting includes some sacrifice. But the benefits FAR FAR FAR outweigh the sacrifice. That's a God-thing.
I tell you this. I love all my kids. All seven of them. And I need to thank the Lord right this moment for allowing me the wonderful awesome privilege of being their mom. Wow. What a blessing. No matter what changes need to take place. God is GOOD!
There's gonna be a lot of change going on around here.
But before I go into the "my life" stuff, I want to crab about Vista. Yes, Windows Vista. Sigh. It's really not so bad. But you pay so much for something it should be better than not-so-bad, don't you think? I downloaded an update to Vista a couple days ago and now my desktop and font size are all messed up. I got them to an acceptable level...but...annoying...not what I like. Waaa, waaa, I know!
On to life changes. I'm a little down tonight. But life is such a God- thing. Such a God-thing. There's gonna be a lot of changes around here, but one at a time, none of them bother me. Well, almost none of them.
New vehicle will have to be on the horizon. What type of vehicle fits 9 people comfortably? Yes, that's what we're trying to figure out as well. I love my van. But, overall, a new to me clumsy vehicle doesn't bother me.
The new vehicle possibly won't fit into our garage. Another hiccup.
My dining room table from my Grandparents as a wedding gift. A little harder. I imagined passing this down to my kids. But it seats 6 people. Thinking for now looking at benches and while the kids are small it might work. Cuz our dining room isn't really big enough for a larger table...I don't think.
Of course, adding a bedroom in the basement. This we were going to do anyway cuz we wanted to adopt again. The idea that all/most of our kids need their own bedroom is now inconceivable. Just cuz it's what modern American culture thinks doesn't mean that's what they need. Funny how ideas change, huh?
Need more plates. Silverware. 9x13 pans. Need to declutter/organize my kitchen so that new stuff fits without having to shove it in there and quick slam the door! LOL Oh, probably should get more towels, washcloths...
Oh, and clothes for the kids. I really don't like to shop (I know, odd for a woman). But I'm going to have to fill an entire wardrobe times three.
Wondering if we need a whole pew reserved for us at church...(smile), ok, maybe not. But we should get there more than a few minutes early so we can all sit together! Early 8:30 church service could prove to be a challenge. =)
We're getting out of the baby boxer business. Which is a good thing. We don't need that stress. But checking on the puppies (whom are doing quite well btw), I had to hug their mama. Cuz I'll actually miss her. Even her annoying habits. We think we've found a home for the adults, which is wonderful. It's someone from our church so we could even go visit sometime if we wanted to. And we know they'll be in good hands. But...it's change. Odd.
I'll probably have to homeschool one of the kids for a while. Homeschooling has always intrigued me. But scares the begeebees out of me.
The hardest one yet. Daycare. I really really hope I can keep doing daycare after the kids come home. I love it. Love the kids. Their parents. The routine. How it makes me a better mom.
I only have 2 families at the moment. But it's a good level for me. I was taking on another family this fall but since the adoption decision I had to turn them down. I felt bad about that. They are a really nice family.
When I told my daycare families about the adoption, they were both very supportive. One supportive "you can do it." The other supportive "have you thought of this and this?" Both which I appreciate very much.
I told them both I didn't know what this meant for the future of "Carey's Playcare." They know I really want to continue. But we don't know what the future holds. I'm taking 2 months off when the kids come home. Also, I'll no longer be open the months of June and July. There's just no way we can do ball and swimming lessons, etc, with a large family plus daycare kids. This time off will be a hardship for them for my daycare families. So will not knowing for sure if they will even have daycare. So I told them that although I want to keep them a long time, if they chose to find other daycare, I would understand.
If it were me, I might look around. I don't like uncertainties (although sometimes God places lots of it in your lap (like now) and you start to get used to it...a little). Well, one of my families, after lots of discussion and prayer, found another daycare. They told me this last week with a very very heavy heart.
I understand. Totally. But I will miss them. A lot. Thankfully they aren't leaving until February or so, so I have some time yet.
Maybe I wasn't clear a few paragraphs before. On the God-thing. Most of these things, besides daycare, individually don't bother me at all. That's a God-thing. Amazing. For example, not that long ago it probably would have drove me nuts to sell my van. Now it's just the thing to do. See what I mean? God has been working on my heart.
But tonight. All these things together. (sigh). Change can be good. But change is hard.
If I ever get around to putting my blog into a book (I'm told there's software that will do that), I don't think I put this post in there. I don't want my kids to think...I don't know...that it was a big sacrifice or something. Yes, it's a sacrifice. Really, it's a sacrifice to have one child. That's the way it works, the way it's supposed to work. Parenting includes some sacrifice. But the benefits FAR FAR FAR outweigh the sacrifice. That's a God-thing.
I tell you this. I love all my kids. All seven of them. And I need to thank the Lord right this moment for allowing me the wonderful awesome privilege of being their mom. Wow. What a blessing. No matter what changes need to take place. God is GOOD!







3 comments:
If you weren't feeling a little over-whelmed right now, I would think you were crazy!! Bring three older children into your family is not going to be easy. There is a family here who adopted a family of children from Peru a couple of years ago. She has a blog and runs our church adoption ministry. I know she would love to hear from you and would be a great wealth of information. Here's their blog address:
www.ampoche.blogspot.com
Hang in there. All those little details will work themselves out. You're an awesome mom to be able to flow with the changes!!
We say..It's impossible
He says..All things are possible
Luke 18:27
We say..I'm too tired
He says..I will give you rest
Matthew 11:28-30
We say..I can't figure things out
He says..I will direct your steps
Proverbs 3:5-6
We say..I can't do it
He says..You can do all things
Philippians 4:13
We say..I am not able
He says..I am able
II Cor 9:8
We say..It's not worth it
He says...It will be worth it
Romans 8:28
We say..I can't manage
He says..I will supply all your needs
Philippians 4:19
We say..I am afraid
He says..I have not given you a spirit of fear
II Timothy 1:7
We say..I am worried
He says..Cast all your cares on Me
I Peter 5:7
Praying for your family...
Carey, your feelings are completely normal. God will make it happen and everything will fall into place as it should.
Take it from a mom of 7 and maybe more :-) it IS possible and YOU can do it. I do agree that adding 3 at once to your family will be a greater challenge than adding just 1, but I believe it will work out. Take each thing that you are worried about a bite at a time. You can't look at it all at once or you are just going to become too overwhelmed by it all.
I double nearly every recipe that I make for our family. We've had to buy more silverware and bigger pots and pans. My husband built a large enough table that would fit in our dining area to accommodate our whole family. We've added onto our house to make more room. It all takes time....sometimes stress, but is so worth it!
By the way I home school our kids and have been at it for 11 years. It's a life style change, but it works well for our family.
I'll be praying for you! God doesn't give you more than you can handle! Let me know if you have any questions.
Post a Comment