Sunday, September 07, 2008

Quote

I've discovered podcasts as of late. Doesn't that make me sound "now" and very technical? Not so much, but a girl can dream! If you don't know, basically it's downloading radio programs to my ipod.

I podcast such things as the Dave Ramsey show, or Dobson, or Family Life Today. Good exercise material. Since I don't enjoy exercise, with my brain on another topic, it goes faster.

Today I listened to Steven Curtis Chapman on Dobson. Now this was an old broadcast. In a way it was hard for me to listen to because it was recorded before Maria passed away. He was talking about adoption.

He talked about how scary adoption was before they adopted their first, Shohannah. Steven's wife, Mary Beth, was concerned about things like...will I love this child as much as my other three? and such (now she says she can't believe she even imagined those things). Many nights in the middle of their first (they've now adopted 3 girls from China) adoption process she asked Steven if they were doing the right thing. He told Dobson that one night this was his reply...

"I don't think we're doing necessarily the safe thing, I don't know that we're doing the smart thing, we're not definitely doing the comfortable thing, but I really believe we're doing the right thing in pursuing this." --Steven Curtis Chapman

Amen to that.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

That program is the one I heard years ago that put the seed of adoption in my heart. I ordered it so I could always have it.