Sunday, November 09, 2008

Care Packages

There are some families from our agency going to E the end of this month and beginning of December. They are taking care packages for us and others! Yeah!

We were told they needed to fit in a one gallon Ziploc bag, and be no more than 4 lbs.

Each of our kiddos from E is getting a bag. Each has their own mini-scrapbook, a glow stick, a Veggie Tales singing toothbrush, a one-time use camera and suckers. Svanna got a pretty silver necklace, Summer some fun stretchy bracelets, and Gabe a couple of matchbox cars.

I took pictures of each page of the scrapbooks. This is Gabe's, although the girls' are similar. Each of them has their own picture as the first page, of course not included here due to the request of their country. I took pictures of the pages so I could remember what the kids are looking at while we're so far apart.


8 comments:

jennifer said...

Carey, that is so sweet. I can see all your hard work through the pages. You put so much thought into the things you chose to show them, the house, pets, school bus, and snow. They are going to look at those over and over. You did a GREAT job!

Leah said...

Carey!!!! Have I missed some stuff or what?!?!?!?! A couple of months of busy, and I had to back up and read a ton of stuff I missed. I am so excited for you! You have to email me directly and share some details. My new email is crosseyedmama@gmail.com. I can't wait to catch up with you!

Amy said...

How special! The scrapbook looks great and really shows how much time and love you put into it. I'm sure they'll love it it!

Anderson Crew said...

They look great! The kids will love them!

Steph said...

Carey - they are going to feel your love for them across the ocean! What a neat idea - they will be so excited and it will easy some of the anxiousness! Very cool that you can make contact this way!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

they will just love their care package ... i am sure it will help them feel connected to you ... praying for your journey !!! can't wait to see pictures !!!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Love those care packages. And that picture of your family is precious. God bless you. And I'm excited to spend a few days with you at the Hills!!!

Melinda said...

I love the pictures in your scrapbooks! So cool. They are going to love them and will just think you are the coolest family! :) Any word on when you might have a court date?