Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sorrow

I can't imagine the pain that is engulfing our friends right now. My heart hurts. I can't imagine how they must feel.

This past weekend they discovered that their baby had gone home to Heaven, instead of home into their arms next spring as they expected.

Words cannot express the sorrow they are feeling now. Not only did they want another child so badly, not only was she so very very sick in waiting for their child, but their unborn child, their BABY...died.

Lord please hold these precious friends in your comforting arms, whispering in their ears how very much You love them. Amen.

My heart goes out to all of you whose children have died before they had a chance to be born. My eyes cry out at the thought. May God hold you in His everlasting arms as well.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I join you in this prayer, Carey! Thank you for bringing it to light, so that we can all pray for these friends of yours.

Michelle said...

Even though I do not know who they are my heart is heavy. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

janelle said...

The sting of this is probably all too familiar for many people - some may be "walking" this alone because their baby went to be with Jesus before anyone knew about him or her. I'm reminded of the lyrics in Mercy Me's song "God With Us": "...such a tiny offering, compared to Calvary; but nevertheless, I lay it at your feet..."

Praying for your friends and all of those who have lost a little one like this.